820-3417 fan spins but no green light

elcapitan

Hey Guys,

I have a macbook air that spins for 5 second and then shuts off everytime I connect the charger. It does this twice. In the third time it will boot normally. The weirdest part is that it doesnt show any light at the connector. At one point, this board was showing a strong greenlight. Any idea whats going on here? Is my charger bad?

Thanks

PPDCIN_G3H 14.99v (18.5v)
PP3V42_G3H 3.40v (3.42v)
PPBUS_G3H 8.55v (8.6v)

elcapitan

Im aware that this is normal behavious for 2013 models (off-on-off-on-off-on) whats the purpose of this behaviour? Should it be showing the green light?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, should be showing green light. Most common cause of no light is corroded 821-1722 flex cable between dc in board and logic board or corroded pins for SMC_BC_ACOK SYS_ONEWIRE and PP3V42_G3H on that connector.

elcapitan

Yes, should be showing green light. Most common cause of no light is corroded 821-1722 flex cable between dc in board and logic board or corroded pins for SMC_BC_ACOK SYS_ONEWIRE and PP3V42_G3H on that connector.

Thanks louis! I wasnt aware that you needed that flex cAble to show a green Light. Ill make sure to keep that in mind for the future. Ill go ahead and order a new one amd report back