820-3437-B Fan spins but doesn't chime neither posts.

VirtualLife

I have 820-3437-B that turns on when i plug the charger. Green light goes to orange and the fan spins but it docent chime neither post anything. This device is liquid damaged. Replaced a lot of components near SMC, before that it did not even turn on. Well it did but there were no green light neither orange. Checked the is cpu turned on and it was correct amount as in schematic is written.

VirtualLife

CPU VCORE 1.8 Volts and no water damage around SPI. I'm thankful that you want to help but theres no sense putting a lot of question marks.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
1.8v sounds fine. Do you get a light on a USB mouse? I know, who the hell has a wired mouse anymore, but find one! I go running to the camera DVR everytime I have to do this because it is the only wired optical mouse left in the store.

VirtualLife

Haha, louis I'm that kind guy who owns USB mouse :D But i checked and there was no light on the mouse. Tested the mouse on my PC and works just fine.

Last edited:

aprendiz

Also there is no sense to get mad about something so silly...........
Anyway, let's continue with the real problem here.......
Should be corrosion somewhere, inspect under microscope, 1.8V is ok but only on start, it should go a bit down when processor is totally working........
Just finish to fix a 820-3115, all voltages where ok but the same , it does not chime, no post, it turns to be a corroded trace and resistor on R2627 and LPC_CLK33M_SMC via..

VirtualLife

Well it could be near SMC because corrosion were near it. I can check those clock signal areas if there is some corrosion but i found out that the most parts that had corrosion on them was PP3V42_G3H.

I'm glad that you help and i'm really thankful for it, but i just were wondering that it doesn't help neither doesn't speed my answering your question, but if you like do it its fine with me. :D And I'm not mad at all, i wouldn't get mad about something so silly. Anyways lets find out what is the real problem with my Macbook Air.