820-3437

This was liquid damaged and been to another shop. as its been cleaned its hard to tell whats been damaged but looks like area around smc, bios and u7090.

I'm not sure if smc has been replaced or not as glue around it is gone.

board gets a fan movement and pulse on cpu vcore 1.7v.
smc bypass i get some fan spin as well
i guess this is gonna be bad cpu but need some help to verify

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Is dificult to diagnose a board coming from other service.
There can be broken traces, or knocked off components.

You should change SMC and check all SPI Bus Series Termination resistors and traces.
Also try known good BIOS.
You may need to clean/remove J6100.

Is difficult to diagnose a board coming from other service. - i know :)
There can be broken traces, or knocked off components. - see pic of broken testpoint (its half off). also only knocked off component is c4062

You should change SMC - will do but question. will this boot initially off of 00165 so i can flash the smc to 3437?

SPI Bus Series Termination resistors and traces. - is this r6110-r6117?
Also try known good BIOS. - will do.
You may need to clean/remove J6100. - this was already done

Attachments

• IMG_3229.jpg
    IMG_3229.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
i don't have any more 3437 - which is why i was asking. if you don't know i guess ill throw it on a working 00165 and ill just flash it

replaced bios and smc and found a broken trace on an SPI Bus Series Termination resistor. now computer turns on but takes over 30 seconds to chime. it also will not boot to my 10.14/15 flash drive. progress bar gets about to 80% and stops. on a working ssd with a fresh os on it stops at about 90%.

maybe i screwed up the hexedit for changing the serial? i used this efi from duke. that has clean me no?

can you make me a file to be sure. my serial is: C17L5868F5V7

edit: pram reset already done.

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Use that bin as is, don't change anything.
Once you confirm clean ME BIOS solves the problem, then is time to change serial and fix Fsys checksum.