820-3536-a wont turn on

dukefawks

Administrator
Anything can cause pulsing power. Is CPU Vcore pulsing too. The usual suspects apply, U6100 are, termination resistors, U1950.

dukefawks

Administrator
U6100 area issue is most likely then. Could also be pretty much anything else. Check all termination resistors in U6100 data lines and all traces between them.

Gannons3

okay that resistor is missing on my board not sure if i knocked it off messing with u6100 or what ill replace and see what happens

Gannons3

I dont have a programmer, would it be worth it for me to get a new U6100 chip or is that not going to be it, I havent found any problems with any of the resistors and they all seem to be connected

dukefawks

Administrator
To fix the board you will need a programmer, assuming it is U6100. Get an identical donor board and take U6100, but only for testing as the ME region needs to be fixed if swapping the chip worked.

dukefawks

Administrator
Buy a TL866. Pre programmed usually is a dump from another board and ME region will be fucked. Get a donor board, you need those anyway.

dukefawks

Administrator
Please google "ME region" way too complicated to explain here, but it is important to save the original one to merge with a new BIOS.