820-3662 failing ASD

Puevig reven

I have a 820-3662 that will not boot, just Apple logo and loading bar hangs. Ran ASD because customer says never water damaged or dropped. Chipset(test 1) Management Engine Test is failing?? Can anyone tell me what this means?? It is saying verifies presence of Management Engine is failing????

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
They bought a BIOS chip off ebay to replace the original one that had an EFI password. Get them to give you the original BIOS chip

Puevig reven

I don't think so, the computer has all of the original parts. After opening there is a little liquid damage near the right fan/speaker but I see no corrosion. The hard drive boots no problem from another unit. Is there any sensor that would cause this??

Puevig reven

I don't think so, the computer has all of the original parts. After opening there is a little liquid damage near the right fan/speaker but I see no corrosion. The hard drive boots no problem from another unit. Is there any sensor that would cause this?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I have none of these boards available. I would wait and see if duke has an 820-3662 with a clean ME for you to flash. Do you have a BIOS programmer? This is often a BIOS issue on retinas, and here ASD is even telling you it is a BIOS issue.

dukefawks

Administrator
Please upload your original dump here for analysis. But first check the circuit around Q1920 and see if the resistors are not corroded. You can pull down HDA_SDOUT_R permanently to test, but audio will then not work of course.

Last edited:

Puevig reven

I do not have a BIOS programmer, I remember you doing it with one of my boards in class. Can you tell me where to buy and how to use??