820-3662 Will not boot of battery, Runs fine when the battery is unplugged

ALB-Repairs

Got some more unanswerable questions for you guys.
I have an 820-3662 I picked up about 18 months ago and refurbished it had minor liquid damage.
I replaced the LCD side screen connector and cable, gave the board an ultrasonic clean and it was good to go. there was minimal corrosion but there was some near the SMC.

it came back over a year later not booting when the battery is plugged in.
It will post and stick on the apple logo, if you listen closely you can hear a repetitive noise through the speaker, almost like the chime but its hard to tell. when you unplug the battery it works perfectly.

PPBUS voltage is good, PP3v42 is good, SDA AND SCL seem okay, but SCL sometimes drops to 2.9V i think.
i have reflown the SMC and it has not made any changes. Im just a bit confused with this one.
I have tried a new battery of course, and the machine has no issues charging a battery.

Even when the laptop is running off the charger, if the battery is plugged in it doesn't boot.
Any ideas?

dukefawks

Administrator
Yup another 3662 with the CPU Vcore issue. It works without the battery because the CPU is clocked to minimum. When battery plugged in it will consume it's full current and make it crash.
The bad news is that I have not figured out what is causing this, but 3662 and 3787 boards seem to have this issue more often now :( So for now this machine is trash.