820-4924-a

Got in a 2015 MacBook pro Retina with supposed liquid damage. Believe prior person may have cleaned because I cannot find any corrosion.

MacBook powers up to flashing folder and within 10 seconds it reboots. Using genuine charger. Any suggestions on where to start?

Sorry guys maybe I didn't explain the issue correctly. I'm well aware what a flashing folder means. I do not have a drive installed. The issue is the computer will power down by itself and then back on every 10 seconds or so.

Im led to believe it may be an issue with the u7100 area. Specifically the sense resistors.

I did find that R7110 is reading out at 53k and according to schematics it should be 68.1k. Would this create this issue?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Very strange; R7110/11 correct values are required for charger to power on the board.
You didn't report such kind of issue.
If you used hot air to change it, maybe heat affected other board areas; and reaction make it working...

I used the term reboot. I should have stated it would totally shut off after ten seconds or so and then after a brief amount of time power back on.