A little bit on my backround.. How I started ETC, And a word on using your brain.

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I decided to get into logic board repairs in September of 2016... a few months before hand I remember looking at a pack of tweezers and thinking to myself I could never repair Macbook boards at component level... A few months passed and I found myself buying a cheap SMD rework station that managed to teach me how to solder SMD components.

I decided to start offering motherboard repair in my small PC repair business that was failing miserably... By failing miserably, I mean literally not one call for PC repair... Just not a viable business in my area. After deciding to start offering PCB repair, I found that a lot of the shops in my area were literally scared of being shut down by the unmentionable multi billion net worth company that makes these crappy devices. This is kinda irrational, but more work for me... I have not been working on boards for that long and I occasionally get stumped, But I am able to figure most of them out using this wonderful mass of tissue between my ears called a brain...

Working on these boards isn't rocket science and is rather easy if you have logic.. Before watching Louis's videos I had no Idea that a board could even be fixed... So I really have no education other than Louis and Jessa's videos and somehow I am able to still figure out most of these boards....

I get messages on Facebook sometimes where people literally on relying on others brain to solve the issue... If you ask for help, but are not willing to use your brain, you will not be able to solve anything... I am not able to solve every board I get, Hence my subscription, But resources like this should be used as a last resort after you you have thoroughly thought the issue through.

A word of advice for beginners- YOU WILL SCREW UP. There is no getting out of.. It will happen sooner or later.. We all have.. You will have moments where you couldn't believe you missed the issue.. I drove myself crazy trying to figure out why this 2010 MBP board wasn't entering a S0 state after I changed what I though was the problem... The reason it wasn't entering an S0 state was me... I wasn't thinking... The MCP boards won't enter an S0 state unless you power them on.

So remember, USE YOUR BRAIN! If you do not know how to turn it on or use it, This probably isn't the business for you.