A1278 error loading kernel cache 0x9

Nick

Got an A1278 that had corrupted efi. Flashed new one with old serial and me region. New hard drive cable, no success installing os.

Internet recovery gives error -1001f
Cmd + s gives error loading kernel cache 0x9

Any idea?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I can suppose 2936, or 3115, as you mention ME region.
Maybe is possible to tell us the exact board model...

Nick

Efi was corrupted, hdd was dead. installed brand new hdd. internet recovery gives -1001f (2048/1024) as soon as you press the recovery combination.
During the installation of sierra trough usb thumbdrive when it reaches around 80% it shuts itself off

aprendiz

Intel easy clean is for inject a new Clean ME region, the ME region included on the package are RAW versions, you should use Intel FIT to actually fit the ME region..

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If duke posted clean ME dump, that is correctly done for sure...
Use it as is for test, do not change serial; you can get bad file if Fsys area is not changed correctly.

Last edited:

Nick

tried everything. cam back to this machine now but nothing. bottom of my drawer and i have to fix it... it works only if i install the os on another machine and then put the ssd on this one. even tried update to mojave from sierra from inside the machine but once it finish installing it reboots and it hangs once the loading line on apple logo reaches 100%, but the isight works.. and no 30min watchdog.. ideas?

internet recovery goes on:

- 1001F (2048/1024)

Nick

ran a second time efi one and it gives

Error-buffer too small-

Last edited:

Nick

Replaced ram with a brand new one. Cleaned slots. Replaced cpu paste. Asd hangs and freeze here

Fw69biO.jpg

Nick

it is a 820-3115... i am starting to believe there are some issues with the ram slots

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Use only one RAM module at a time.
It accepts all DDR3 types, but is better to test with 10600.

BTW, set "On Error" option to continue.

"Error-buffer too small-"
The error is related to which test?

Nick

i did use only on ram module.

the error was on ram test. but it stopped doing that with a corsair macmemory. although now it hangs directly. tried yet another bank on 10600 using a bit of thermal pad under the ram slot and it passed asd. gonna try to install hs and see what happens

Nick

nope.... high sierra from a usb key crashes after reaching aroun 80% installation. and internet recovery gives the 1024/2048 error with the only ram bank that actually passes asd... amazing