a1286 2 different kinda lcd connector

ielectron

started to work on this water damaged board, the lcd cable and connector is burnt at that 3 pin where the main voltage goes to the lcd, i have some donor boards, thought i will replace the connector from there, but noticed the original cable would not fit, s original cable does, and what i can order the cheaper kinda lcd connector is not what i need, anyway i ordered the one is on the board now, but i was wondering, can i replace the lcd connector and a matching lcd cable, would that work fine?
The lcd connector i need is like almost 20eur for 1 piece, and the other one (with a flat top part) is like 2eur/pc, i dont want to build a stock of the more expensive one.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
You can. Helps if you give the board number. I am guessing you mean the 820-3330 connector. The standard old style connector was used from 2008-2011. The new style was only used for the 820-3330 from 2012, which was not a popular machine: most elected to purchase a retina rather than a classic that year. Since that connector was only used for a single year, on an unpopular model, it isn't worth stocking whichis what makes it so expensive from the very few vendors that supply it. Low demand. I've replaced less than 3 of them.