A1502 820-3476 No S4 - I'm lost

Tony Tone

How come I don't get anything on U7501 pin 2 on a good working board? Am I doing something wrong? I'm seeing the same shit on a working board. Am I suppose to short this thing on before I test? Probably why I can't fix shit?

Tony Tone

But I can use this same fucking plug and it will work when fully assembled. But now that it is broke down and comparing measurements from this good board it's giving me the same shit.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
use an 85w adapter for everything. it is worth buying this from apple.com just to ensure you're troubleshooting with something that will work

Tony Tone

Ooooohhhhhh...... Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never knew this !!!!!!!!!!!! Probably why i've never fixed a board to date... Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XooP

Yes, to have one that works on everything, you should get an 85W MagSafe 1 and a MagSafe 2 converter for the newer boards

Tony Tone

Guess I can give Apple back their $85 I've been stealing from them. Overheard a Genius there helping a customer said she has a hardware issue because her phone don't charge. Sold her a new one for $399. Sad shit. Shit should be illegal. People should class-action their ass. $3 would of fixed it.

Last edited:

Tony Tone

So then U0500 got a little warm now. Got S4's, S3's & no S0's. Will investigate. Been stuck FOREVER on the S4.
: )

Last edited:

Tony Tone

CPU hotter than fish grease. This means its going to die?
Do I have to replace it?

Based on some more videos I'm watching (learning as I go), it is possible that something else is possibly causing the CPU to get hot?
I'll see if I can find out and maybe rewash this mug. But it is turning on & working : )
(small victory)

Last edited:

Tony Tone

Think its just me. You need to short it on in order to get the S0's running correct? Think I wasn't doing that before.
I was doing the monkey see monkey do on the U1950 (I think it was), but undid it.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
All macbooks cook, it's why they die all the time. What temps are you getting at idle, vs let's say watching a YT video?

Tony Tone

I don't know about temps. I only have the bare board plugged in and it is super duper fucking piping molten lava hot. When I had hooked-up to test if it worked the rest of the computer is fucked off (keyboard, battery, mouse, etc. The other 1502 I have is different and don't look like it belongs LOL, so no clue on the YT test & idle). Or, do you think its OK? LOL! Going through your videos for insight hu,hu.
I'mna try to find out about those temps.

Last edited:

Tony Tone

Got a "Go Directly To Jail" card. Nothing on the screen now and I got temps of 140 with no battery and 184 with the battery after about 1 min.

(Actually, I think the drive was bad. With no drive I'm getting the question mark folder. I think there is no back light, I'mna try to fix dat ; )

So it may be ok with temps like that? Throw on some ArticSilver and call it a day?

All & all I'm surprised to have made it this far. (clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

Last edited: