A1706 820-00293 Power

hgoncalves

Hi.

Hi have an A1706 820-00293 with power problems. It only powers on without the battery connected. Already tried with a known good battery, but same result.

PPVAT_G3H has 0.390 on diode reading.

Can you help?

hgoncalves

Hi.

These batteries already have their own cables, and because i tried a known good one, I assume the cabe is good.

SMBUS_SMC_5_G3_SCL = 3.4V and 0.436 on diode reading

SMBUS_SMC_5_G3_SDA = 3.4V and 0.436 on diode reading

PPVBAT_G3H_CONN = 13V

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Post U7000 basic voltages (with both charger and battery connected): P_IN, AUX_DET, SMC_RST_IN, VDDA/P, EN_VR1, SMC_RST*, AUX_OK, A/BMON.
Check resistance (ohm scale) over C7020/23.
Also check Q7065 for short between pins.

hgoncalves

Hi.

On C7020/23 I get some strange readings (not steady). Sometimes increase, sometimes decrease. C7020/23 resistance values oscilates in between 65 kohm and 950 kohm.

Q7065:
Pin 3 (PPVBAT_G3H_CHGR_R) seamed to be shorted, but after 3 or 4 readings it became normal again (not beeping), and has 13.07V

U7000 voltages:

P_IN = 19.2V
AUX_DET = 4.764V
SMC_RST_IN = 0V
VDDA/P = 5V
EN_VR1 = 5V
SMC_RST = 3.4V
AUX_OK = 3.4V
AMON = 0.050V
BMON = 0V

Last edited:

hgoncalves

Hi.
Q7065:
Pin 3 (PPVBAT_G3H_CHGR_R) seamed to be shorted, but after 3 or 4 readings it became normal again (not beeping), and has 13.07V

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"Pin 3 (PPVBAT_G3H_CHGR_R) seamed to be shorted"
I never found a pin shorted with itself!!!

Please post useful information.
I asked about short between pins; never made a reference to ground.

hgoncalves

Hi.

I understood, and it has no shorted pin between them selves. The only "strange" behavior was the first mesures on Pin 3 (PPVBAT_G3H_CHGR_R)

hgoncalves

Hi.

With the battery connected, it don't turn on in SMC Bypass mode. Without the battery conected it boots normally.

hgoncalves

No history. Just stoped working.

Client said that he was at the Apple store, and they told him that the problem was the battery. However, even with the new battery replaced by Apple, the mac didn't work (has it is right now)