A1707 Does Not Wake Up After Lid Closed

Hello again to everyone,

Its me again :) As you may remember I had a problem with fans and slow working with this computer and it was totally trackpad. I found out that I ve knocked out the sensor of trackpad. But now I have realised that computer does not wake up after lid closed and opened. It stays on black screen. The computert keeps working and I realised that my power button also does not work after I open the lid to shut down the computer. Any idea where it can happen from?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
That is small package Hall sensor; probably SOT-323, or even smaller.
You can find a replacement from any A1706/7/8 board.

Some boards have the sensor glued; need patience to remove it.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Check this:
Your should be Mini 3Pin FLP package.

You are a star thank you. Will keep checking tomorrow when Im back at the shop. And thank you for this website too. I never seen it before

I have checked and emailed to eric1688.com but they dont have. Tried Ali express but not sure which one is the right one over there? Any chance to help me about finding the right ic?

Hi Again,

When I checked the second leg of J5260 on A1707 on diode mode, it gives me around 0.505 but when I checked the one on J5250 2nd leg it gives me 2,860 so I dont know which one is the right one and working well :)) Can you help me about diode measurements so I can check them later again.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
About diode mode checking (and mode), read this:

I was expecting you to check voltage of mentioned signals.

You can tie together pins 1 & 2 of U5255.
And let disconnected the bad Hall sensor.
One lid sensor should be sufficient...

Ohh I am sorry I didnt know that I had to check voltages. Im sorry as I said Im new to these business and trying to update myself about everything always.
So could you please clear me with telling how to tie 1&2 pins and how to disconnect the bad hall sensor?
Can you please tell me a bit more explained?
Thank you for your patience. 🙏

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Pufff, U5255 is small BGA.
Try to run an wire from [1]SMC_LID_LEFT_R (pin 1/R5258) to TP[1]SMC_LID_RIGHT test point; find them on boardview.
One sensor should do the job.