A1708 820-00840 won't turn on after battery replacement

Sdogs

this macbook had had liquid damage, i replaced trackpad connector, i also changed efi chip, battery was dead and put in a new one. Today I connected the battery without fixing with double sided tape, I switched it on and everything went smoothly. Before turning off I deactivated autoboot with a command from the terminal. I turned off, I unplugged the battery, I reconnected everything and now it does not turn on anymore. When I connect the charger it has a normal current draw and 20v, the symbol of the charged battery appears for a moment and then nothing, dead. It does the same thing if I close and reopen the lid, for a moment just the battery symbol.
What can I do? all this is very strange .....

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Please, write in english; or use an online translator.

Test the board alone on the desk, without battery connected.
Do you get PPBUS_G3H and 3V3_G3H?

When you touch the battery, disconnect J6951.
Battery data cable is the first to disconnect and last to reconnect.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Test the board without battery connected.
Do you still get low battery symbol?

Check the voltage on the big coils; anything at L7210/20?

Sdogs

solved, I bought a bios chip already programmed, it worked for a day, I got one from another logic board and now everything works !!
I don't know if the terminal command "sudo nvram AutoBoot =% 00"
may have created some problem with the bios chip.

Sdogs

thanks for the information, I don't have a chip programmer, I would like to buy one, even for newer macbooks, which programmer do you suggest?
At the moment the macbook seems to be doing very well, very fast start-up, fans under control, perfect battery !!