A2141 no backlight

palmtree

Testing backlight capacitors in circuit, they are all shorted to ground. Tried injecting 1.5v, no capacitors are hot.

palmtree

Ok, so I figured it out. Crazy enough, I chose two capacitors (separately) to inject voltage into in case I connected to the bad capacitor at first. Well, the second capacitor I connected to it turns out was ALSO bad. I decided to connect to a 3rd capacitor and the thermal camera showed the previous two capacitors as hot. Replaced them both, and we have backlight again. So strange that I connected randomly to the two capacitors that happened to be bad. For anyone else that has this issue, keep trying capacitors.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, welcome to the forum.

You can't inject voltage into a particular capacitor from more ones connected to the same line!
The injected voltage is apllied to all of them (at same time); of course, the bad one will appear on the IR camera.

palmtree

First of all, welcome to the forum.

You can't inject voltage into a particular capacitor from more ones connected to the same line!
The injected voltage is apllied to all of them (at same time); of course, the bad one will appear on the IR camera.
Maybe I didn’t explain myself clearly. Both capacitors that I injected voltage into at first just happened to be the faulty capacitors and didn’t show as hot on the thermal camera until I injected voltage into a good capacitor further down the line. Why that happened, I have no clue. At any rate, it’s fixed and reassembled and working.