A2337 boot-looping

Soji

History
The owner change the screen and the apple boot loop started.
It’s not entering dfu or recovery
I think it’s a power problem
The usb-c ammeter too restarts every time apple logo loops.I think It’s like a voltage or current loop.
Pls what to do next.

Soji

Just tested it with external monitors, no display on external monitor. It still loops and the typec ammeter restart every time it loops

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Very likely the owner worked on the machine without disconnecting the battery.

Machine restarts w/ and w/o battery too?
Try starting in SMC bypass mode.

Soji

It’s still recycling with and without battery
Smc bypass to is not going through. When it reached that time it bootloops , no matter the task it will turn off

am thinking it’s a power thing, the power recycles

there is a big coil next to speaker
connector 2r7 written on it. The 12.3 sometimes 13.2V goes to 00.00V when it loops
I don’t have the schematic yet. Pls can you give a link to buy.

Attachments

• F2B5A834-EAE5-4FA3-8C54-8D23036EC2CE.jpeg
    F2B5A834-EAE5-4FA3-8C54-8D23036EC2CE.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gir489

Alright shot in the dark here. How old is the SSD? Have you tried swapping the drive out with another one? You might be chasing a phantom here. I would try a second boot device before trying all this extra rework.

If removing the bad part didn't fix it, and it still does the same thing, I'm betting it's the SSD. Just remember kids, correlation is NOT causation!

Soji

It’s a MacBook Air M1 chip. It’s still a recent laptop. So I don’t really get what you said,

you mean I should replace the nand chips.
and how do I do the second boot device( boot from a flash ?)

Last edited:

gir489

It’s a MacBook Air M1 chip. It’s still a recent laptop. So I don’t really get what you said,

you mean I should replace the nand chips.
and how do I do the second boot device( boot from a flash ?)
Yeah this is exactly why I stayed away from the A1 laptops. I bought a 2020 MacBook Pro used for $700 with the bottom bezel on the screen broken that I'm going to fix eventually but for now works all because it has cosmetic damage. And yes, I think it's one of the NAND chips or the A1 processor. Get Mac OS installed on a USB boot drive, or Linux (I recommend Mint Linux) and see if you can boot. Chances are you can't because nobody else supports the A1 chip like Apple wants, and they're trying to reclaim the Mac market share again by kicking Intel to the curb when they're done with them (again) but people like us remember. So you're either going to have to diagnose a chip fault, boot failure, RAM failure, or any other number of possible failures.

MY BET! If it's the A1, they've locked out the security enclave and detected you swapped the screen. Now it's trying to lock you out for not being Apple certified repair. But that's just my guess from working on the days of when we swapped the fucking thumb button and it would stop reading finger prints and give you errors. Same shit different day.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can't do anything until get stable PPBUS_G3H.
And this fluctuation is not LCD related; as can be checked without LCD too.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Check for knocked of components, broken traces.
The problem was induced by owner; when changed the LCD assembly.
Something changes if try disconnecting internal LCD?