A2442 - 820-02098 - No keyboard or Trackpad

bls951

Originally came in with liquid damage and a damaged trackpad connector and cable. I replaced the cable and trackpad connector and repaired a trace for the keyboard on pin 6 and that worked fine. It was sent back working, customer (who is another shop) was responsible for putting it completely back together, sent it back a week later saying it didn't work. There were more traces broken this time on the connector. Traces for pins 1,3,5,7,9 were broken so I repaired those but still no trackpad or keyboard. Unable to verify whether either work in recovery mode due to the customer breaking the power button so I'm waiting for a replacement to test that. Here are the voltages I took.

1 - 1.8v
2 - 1.8v
3 - 1.8v
4 - 1.8v
5 - 0v
7 - 1.8v
9 - 0v
11 - 0v
12 - 3.3v
13 - 0v
14 - 1.8v
15 - 5v
17 - GND
19 - 1.8v
21 - 1.8v
23 - GND

IPD_SPI_EN - 0V

These voltages are with the trackpad connected.
Tried with another trackpad and cable. Also verified the traces from the connector to the components are good.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can use SV101/11 pads to simulate power button.
Solder a switch with 5-10cm wires on any of these pads pair.

However, trackpad always work on SPI mode; even before loading macOS.

Check the circuits from page 124; pay atention to UT355.

bls951

Sorry for delay in getting back to you. I finally got it working. The issue was trace related at the trackpad connector. The issue was with the pins within the connector. I believe when I would plug in the trackpad it would cause it to lose connection with the board. So I re-ran wire to all the broken traces.