Apple Macbook Pro Retina 13/ MB: 820-4924-A / The green LED lights up and then goes to orange and does not turn on

As soon as I plug in the charger it goes green and turns orange and won't start, with or without the battery connected.
Apparently it doesn't have any charred resistors.
PPBUS_G3H = 12.6V

ISL6259 pins:

1 - 16.5v
12 - 3.3v
14 - 3v

The others I will measure tomorrow.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
U7100 works.
Good enough to check resistance between pins 17/18 and 27/28.

Do you get 3V3_S5/SUS and AVREF_SMC?

3V3_S5/SUS and AVREF_SMC are present
17/18 = 3.5 Ohms
27/28 = 20 Ohms

The funny thing is that when I individually measure the resistors R7151 and R7152 they present their resistance correctly.
Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
The values reported are correct.

Trigger SMC_ONOFF_L and check for drop pulse at PM_PWRBTN_L (at same time).

I do not have the pulse PM_SLP_S4_L , is with 0V and when I press the power it stays the same.
I don’t have a short on that line.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to have a PCH related problem.

Post PCH_DSWVRMEN, PM_DSW_PWRGD, PM_BATLOW_L, PM_RSMRST_L and the 4 PCH's RTC signals.

PCH_DSWVRMEN = 3.2v
PM_DSW_PWRGD = 3.4V
PM_BATLOW_L = 0.03V ( R1410 is with 10k correctly )
PM_RSMRST_L = 3.3V

RTC_RESET_L = 3.3v
PCH_SRTCRST_L = 3.3v
PCH_INTRUDER_L = 3.0V
PCH_INTVRMEN = 3.2v

Last edited:
I’m using a parallel charger from the client itself, but I tried an original 45W and now I’m using it straight from the asymmetric source and all point to the same result of 0.3V
On the other side of the resistance I have the PP3V3_S5 but passes only 0.3V but the resistance is with its normal value of 10K, is some PCH instruction and or SMC informing that the battery is low!
Can this be caused by corrupted BIOS?

One thing I noticed, is that when plugging the charger, the resistance of the side of PM_BATLOW_L goes at 200 Ohms and when I shoot the charger, back to 0 Ohms. I also noticed that there is a Q3000 reference transitor that is connected to this line, maybe it may be causing this problem, i’m not very convinced, but I’m already desperate, so...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"Are you using ORIGINAL 60/85W Magsafe 2 charger?
----------------------
I tried an original 45W"
Can you test with original 60, or 85W Magsafe 2 charger???

"I’m using it straight from the asymmetric source"
Using 60/85W Magsafe 2 cable for sure???

"when plugging the charger, the resistance of the side of PM_BATLOW_L goes at 200 Ohms"
STOP checking in diode mode, or ohm scale on powered board!!!

I don't have an original 60 or 85W charger, it will take a while to arrive if I order 1 for testing. From the tests I did on other macbooks, with the asymmetric font, I didn't have similar problems, I don't think it's the font, but I'll follow your instructions!
Is there anything else I can check until the charger arrives?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
The board should turn on with 45W charger if battery is connected and holds some charge.
It may also turn on in SMC bypass mode.

PCH requires high level on PM_BATLOW_L to start power on sequence in normal mode.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member

So... I’m back in that MacBook! And I was surprised when I did the SMC bypass process and the machine actually turned on! You’ve been using it right and everything! And now what? What would be the next step? It only turns on that way, daforma conventional nothing.