Avoid L2 Computer unless you want junk: 820-2914 216-0810005

G.Beard

The are sanded down, polished and remarked 2011 garbage. So you can just as well reflow the existing GPU. Or just don't do anything at all. I got rumor new chips will be arriving in the next 2 weeks.

Let's prey to the GPU gods then.

Just as an update to these chips with even traces of thermal paste still on them, I bought them from eBay from laptop_mb_seller which turns out is L2Computer inc. It's only £400 but still. \

Anyone ever reading this that is noobier than me, stay away from Laptop_mb_seller / L2.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
... You got to be fucking kidding me man. I just opened the rest of the reel and found fucking thermal paste still on one LOL, motherf...
These are the ones from NYC.

Let me guess, L2 Computer?

Edit: just saw your post. Yes, they are rampant scammers...

G.Beard

Yeah, now watch how L2 ignore me until eBay force a refund. I doubt L2 computer inc / laptop_mb_seller are going to pay to have these things shipped back. I just looked at the Yelp reviews... Ooh my.

nate8organic

G.Beard They might accept returns with out any trouble. i got some isl from them and they were bunk so i returned them with no trouble. was only like $15 tho. haha. but if you do have trouble just file on paypal.

G.Beard

G.Beard They might accept returns with out any trouble. i got some isl from them and they were bunk so i returned them with no trouble. was only like $15 tho. haha. but if you do have trouble just file on paypal.

But dude, that's totally not the point. The fact of the matter is that they knew they were selling used chips... It's not hard to seal a reel. They done other people over before and they'll do it again. I do not think for one moment that they bought these chips like this. Neither do I think they are an innocent party who got caught and took the flack for bad chips... They knew.

Different date codes in a reel all in year 10 and 11, all used all defective but one.
They are all over the web for screwing people over. eBay will give me my cash back no problems. It will be interesting to see L2 actually refund me or even reply. As yet they have not.

It's about conduct. How they conduct their business is not how it should be done.

Last edited:

nate8organic

But dude, that's totally not the point. The fact of the matter is that they knew they were selling used chips... It's not hard to seal a reel. They done other people over before and they'll do it again. I do not think for one moment that they bought these chips like this. Neither do I think they are an innocent party who got caught and took the flack for bad chips... They knew.

Different date codes in a reel all in year 10 and 11, all used all defective but one.
They are all over the web for screwing people over. eBay will give me my cash back no problems. It will be interesting to see L2 actually refund me or even reply. As yet they have not.

It's about conduct. How they conduct their business is not how it should be done.

oh def No doubt, Your 100% right about that. I do not think its okay. better yet how they get away with it so many times that its worth doing. they never responded to me. they know whats whats up.

G.Beard

Messages from SEE:

"Thanks for your message.
We are not clear whether there will be DC: 1617 chips again in the market.
But recently there will be no any pcs of this chip in the market."

--------------

"Thanks for your reply.
I am sorry to tell you that this chip 216-0810005 NEW with any datecode is out of stock in the whole market.
And there is no updated news to inform when the new arrival will be in stock."

Last edited:

G.Beard

Yep and this is how they respond....

Message from L2
-----------------------
"Dear customer, After checking with our technician and shipping department about this chip-set, We had the suggestions and conclusions below:
1. Please provide us how to prove this chip-set is defective without using it.
2. If you had used it, we can not accept return.
3. After checking with our shipping department and our stock, all our chip-sets are brand new. Which means, it is impossible thermal paste on it.
4. Technical Suggest: Control the temperature, all the chip-set are good.
To be honest, we own repair store, we use this chip set to repair our customer logic board. All the chip-set are good, 0% defective rate right now. For the model A1286 2011 Apple laptop, there is a logic board design flaw, the technician need to set the repairing temperature very careful for repair. Or, it will be failure.
5. Technical Suggestion: Damaged by the wrong operation. The opposite of this chip-set part of logic board, it is video ram. It may be damaged by when you repair the video issues.

So, our technician said if you can control the repair temperature very careful, it will be no problem for this repair. and the chip-set is good. Thanks"
---------------------

--------------------
They are bad chips and this is eCommerce and fortunately for me it does not matter a if I tested them, used them, or put them up my ass to see the taste comes out on my tongue.

They are not as described and you have no choice but to give me back my money.

If you do not know how to tell good chips from bad you should not be selling them... But you know, the thermal paste on some of these chips while untouched in the reel... Yeah... That kind of negated the need to view the balls under the microscope or even to open the reel.

I really do admire your last message, it show that you are willing to put all of your brain power into trying to rip people off. Good for you little man!

All the best.
Mike
-------------------

What a bunch of C**t's
Stay away from L2

iambehr

Avoid L2 computer for anything, ever. Everything they sell is garbage that was not even tested before being thrown in a non ESD safe bag and sent to you.

G.Beard

Final update.

After L2 refusing to issue a refund and refusing also to facilitate a returns label, eBay forced a refund. I only got my money back thanks to PayPal / eBay.
L2 sent many messages in reply stating in various ways that the chip failure must me my fault and they are not doing anything at all to help with returning the items.