Can we add a beginners forum...

Aldizi

Can we add a beginners forums so we can ask dumb questions? And by dumb i mean Basics steps.... In troubleshooting..

Last edited:

Glenn

it had probably been fine with own beginner forum for those who can not so much (me for example) that has just started with motherboards.
Have not seen schrematic or touched a soldering iron before (have tested and seen a little more now)

however as popular proverb which says: there are no stupid questions only bad answer :p

IbeSial

I would say there are some things that I need to know as someone coming from through hole soldering and is brand new to micro soldering, and logic board repair. We have a whole section on tools but what about all the parts you need to make a great repair job possible, like new resistors, new chips, and the such.
So yeah we should have a beginners section.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
For board troubleshooting, ask anything you want here! We will always try and provide an answer. Regardless of what I name the forum duke will never sound like a customer service rep for the Bellagio hotel, it is against his nature.. and hell, mine too. :) We're not trying to be mean, we just want to motivate people to see what we see and come to conclusions themselves while guiding you. But seriously: always ask!

We do expect some basic electronics knowledge from people before they come here(how to measure voltage, how to use resistance mode on meter, what a capacitor or resistor is etc) and Duke and I have agreed that we don't want to go into teaching that on this forum.