Fair price for preballed SMC

2andrewd

Thinking about this small niche and curious what a fair price point for (p)re-balled SMC's might look like.

Thanks in advance!

2andrewd

Satisfaction would have to be the target of guarantee. If a board figures to be trash and the smc is not an obvious fail, why not make a bit back it.

dukefawks

Administrator
Because you don't want to deal with a possible dead SMC or some idiot that buys it fucking it up. If you want to take all that effort for $20 then go for it, but I wouldn't for sure!

2andrewd

Yeah, just seems like there's a niche that could be filled since reballing is the piece most despise, I recall Louis mentioning purchasing smc's pre-balled somewhere before that source dried up.

I'm at a loss for sale avenues overall as it is, ebay is a wreck, i can afford to lose $20, no sweat, but keep getting fucked by buyers over clear bullshit and scams. I hesitate to advertise services without a proper location to meet and conduct business with potential clients. I realize you're not a career adviser per say (unless you are) but if you have any suggestions tucked away I'd be grateful for the input. thanks.

smiba

I bought a few @ $14 a little while ago, good chips and pretty decent reballing job.

Saves me the hassle but sadly they're rare, price is about the same as a broken motherboard costs. The changes of the chip bring broken would probably be about the same? I assume they come from the same boards