[FUBAR] LB 820-2879 B no green or orange light (needs SMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac-N-Sauce

no, I had power unplugged and checked in diode mode for the .53v and the .421v. I then plugged in power and measured dc voltage on SMC_PM_G2_EN and got a very low mv on probe point 1006.
Could be possible that the u7200 I replaced was bad? There was very little liquid spill on the machine, I pulled the U7200 off a donor board from china. I feel like I might be missing something from my inexperience , that maybe effecting diagnosis. Having g3hot and the 12v rail just seems like the problem might be the technician. :)
The PP5V_S5_LDO with power plugged in, checked at probe point 650 reads from dc voltage of 2.8v to 3.6v fluctuating rapidly and at SMC_PM_G2_EN its basically nothing

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I can only guess that SMC_PM_G2_EN is 0v because you've never posted a real number. :(

Anything is possible, but SMC_PM_G2_EN being 0v is your main issue here. That should be at 3.4v immediately. My guess here is SMC if SMC_RESET_L is present as well as PP3V42_G3H. You need SMC_PM_G2_EN to create PP5V_S5 and get the ball rolling with everything else.

Mac-N-Sauce

Yes, i have SMC_RESET_L 3.4v. so we basically have a dead SMC. Oh well one for the donor pile. You make it look so easy on your videos! Thanks for your patience.
Do you have a source for the isight connectors on the 2013 and 2014 15" macbook pros?

dukefawks

Administrator
The source for connectors like that are scrap boards from your pile or China. Connector is the same on 13" boards.

Mac-N-Sauce

Ok, louis I am responding to your video today on success.
My daughter was able to micro solder on this board. (she has never done that before)
We were able to get green light on the charger by running a wire to fix the one wire circuit. (first wire was hideous, but the second one was much nicer) Have never done that before.
We where able to get the 12v circuit running.
Successfully soldered the ISL6259 (took three tries:eek:)
We where not able to get the 5v up because of the SMC, however It was a great success for us at least because we are learning how to problem solve these boards.

I used to send all my boards to your favorite company (L2 Computer) :eek: I sent them enough that I was getting them at $180
Although I didn't get this board to work, I didn't send it to them either. Another success!
Eventually, We will learn more and have even greater success

Thanks for all you guys are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.