If you like openboardview more than landrex testlink..

G.Beard

Now -that's- the sort of setup I need to get myself. I keep finding 2 screens is just not enough.

Eizo EV2450 monitors are £130 on eBay at the moment refurbished. IPS panels, light sensor, you can set them all the same with an XML. Only 1080p but really nice monitors.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 16.32.27.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 16.32.27.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 16.32.27.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 0

Atomrepair

The upcoming feature to record past and current projects looks great Paul, just what I'd use. Your setup is sweet G.Beard. I'll take both the software and the setup, along with a stack of boards to repair. :)

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
The upcoming feature to record past and current projects looks great Paul, just what I'd use. Your setup is sweet G.Beard. I'll take both the software and the setup, along with a stack of boards to repair. :)

Been working on that a bit more today. Have to iron out the kinks as much as I can before I do the initial realise. Need to restructure the filesystem layout a bit. Easy to create the scaffolding of features quick enough, a lot more work to flesh it out and try making them robust (Rossmann robust ;) )

G.Beard

Been working on that a bit more today. Have to iron out the kinks as much as I can before I do the initial realise. Need to restructure the filesystem layout a bit. Easy to create the scaffolding of features quick enough, a lot more work to flesh it out and try making them robust (Rossmann robust ;) )

So, where will job files be stored? can we put them in a chosen dir and maybe import/export them to another work station?... Now THAT would be fucking sweeet

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
Depending on the system, they'd normally be stored in the user-data-dir (linux,macOS and Windows all have their own idea of what's best there). By -default- I'd just utilise that folder but I can give people the option to set it to another folder of choice, of which could be on a shared folder/drive. In order to minimise corruption risks from access contention or race conditions, I'll likely make it so that there is an index database and each job will be its own separate database. At least with SQLite3 files the overheads are quite low (not that space is a major issue at these scales). Using the SQLite3 engine does allow me to in the future do horrible things like having blobs in the data, which means being able to store photos (without encoding).

At least with the per-job file system, it's exceptionally low risk of two people writing to the file concurrently.

The only other route I can look at is a dedicated DBMS and I'm not really planning on doing that for a sub-$1000 piece of software.

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
Yes, the way I'm planning on doing it, a shared folder containing all the jobs would work in an organisation.

I'm almost tempted to have a single-user version vs multiuser... but honestly, it's probably more work for me than it's worth given I'd have to manage yet more code

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
Latest update, includes reworked PDF searching, hopefully smoother now, but also contains the new "Part Find" feature. This feature will search a folder of PDFs for your part parameters, and you can use as little as 1 or up to 3 fields.

When you click on one of the "HIT" PDFs it will be loaded up in a separate PDF viewer.

http://pldaniels.com/flexbv/beta/FlexBV-R846-linux.tar.gz

http://pldaniels.com/flexbv/beta/FlexBV-R846-win.zip

Unzip/pack, run the binary directly. No install required. Check that the PDF Reader is set correctly to the one located in the package. Will definitely be required on this release due to the API changes that were required to facilitate the PDF part search.

*note - you will need a valid FlexBV licence to utilise these packages
*note - at this point, an associated boardview isn't loaded with the part find PDF because I haven't yet worked out the ideal way to work back from the PDF -> Boardview in terms of their association.

Attachments

• s.png
    s.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 0

Atomrepair

Damn, this is just too much for me Paul. I was already planning to get a license sometime soon, but this is the final straw. Just last friday I was seaching random boardviews to find a part I didn't have on hand for an ipad repair. Ended up wasting a bunch of time looking for it, giving up and then ordering it. This rocks, please take my money.

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
Damn, this is just too much for me Paul. I was already planning to get a license sometime soon, but this is the final straw. Just last friday I was seaching random boardviews to find a part I didn't have on hand for an ipad repair. Ended up wasting a bunch of time looking for it, giving up and then ordering it. This rocks, please take my money.

I had to scratch the itch --- because too many times I had to find a replacement part for something I didn't have a donor for and I was real sick of manually searching.

I see you've done the purchase and signed up, thanks for that.

Just download the above package, unpack, and run flexbv.exe, no install required. Check though that the PDF program (fbvpdf.exe) is set up right in the File->Preferences section, should point to the fbvpdf.exe in the unzipped folder.

Good luck.

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
Been another busy week. Trying to get the system to a "stable" point that'll keep it as a good starting point for at least another 6 months. Something that can tolerate a Rossmann install without resulting in lots of shouting (at me).

http://pldaniels.com/flexbv/beta/FlexBV-R867-win.zip

This release will now look for the fbvpdf.exe pdf viewer in the folder, hopefully have also fixed up a few other little niggles.

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
Asymptotically approaching a new stable release set. All current versions are available at http://pldaniels.com/flexbv/downloads.php

Been a number of UI changes to try make things look cleaner among the menus/information-pane, but overall I'm just trying to smooth off any issues that might excessively inhibit the turnkey experience now.

Paul Daniels

Super Moderator
Latest beta versions are now in public release.

A good number of improvements over the existing stable,including the following;

* Butterfly view mode (can be turned off too)
* Faster rendering, maintain 60fps easily without chewing your CPU to death
* PDF search system greatly improved, with in-page or per-page stepping forwards/backwards.
* User-customisable keyboard actions
* PCB themes (easy to create your own too)
* Fabmaster, GenCAD and HyperLynx file formats now readable, great for people with Eagle/KiCAD/Altium/OrCAD