iMac A1419

iFix

Hi.

I have this imac which power on but has a 10sec delay once the power button is pressed. Any advice?

Thanks

iFix

Until chime and the board was replaced before as the client has been told by an Apple Reseller(they don't do repairs)

iFix

A shop which is an official reseller but really no experience in repair except replacing full parts. The board was replaced some time ago and now this problem appeared...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't board have warranty from that service?

If the board worked good for a while, how this problem appeared?
Any upgrade tried?

Nothing change doing PRAM reset?

iFix

Hi.

Back at this iMac again. No warranty as they usually do so needs to be solved. If any ideas let me know but anyway i'll have to go by schematics and check resistors etc. It always needs about 20-30sec until it starts then works fine. The power button i checked it's good. Pram no change

Many thanks

iFix

This iMac is the Bomb really strange i noticed when i just plug it in and leave it for 20-30sec it power on by itself... I'll disassemble it again to get the board code and download the Clear ME bios

iFix

Tried a few times still same with 2 different programmers. I replace the chip now and programmed Clean ME the delay is 5-7sec now but not perfect. I'll try with new SSD to install and see if it's gonna be fine

iFix

I managed to program the original chip with clean ME and still there's a delay and even power on by itself after 20-30sec when just plugged in to power(with or without the power button plugged in) :ROFLMAO: :unsure:

iFix

Hi. I'm getting back to this iMac. I reprogrammed the bios with a new chip cause the old one was bad wasn't reading it properly on 2 programmers. With the new chip and Bios i have all Rails but no power still just 1 light comes on