Is this more of a software thing? MacBook Pro sn c02hng7jdv13

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonattpcs

She is from 2011, I have been told when switching it on it gives a padlock symbol on screen, but I haven't managed to see that yet. All I have seen from it is when switching on you get the apple symbol, then a loading bar, then a progress wheel. The loading bar goes about half way then it goes off screen, progress wheel stays there with apple symbol then the thing switches off, the screen it gives is attached to this post. When switching on again, it does the same thing.
Trying to load an internet restore from switching on then command and r gives the padlock symbol on screen and it wants a password. I don't know the password, but the owner has tried their own password and it does not move on. I am told they bought it from Groupon so my thinking is, the computer was refurbished and used to belong to someone else so it wants the original password it maybe first had when it was brand new.
I am thinking getting round this by changing the password if possible and in older macs I have got round the password problem by changing the amount of ram which allows you passed the password problem that then lets you restore the computer or reset the password. I did that on a MacBook Pro of my own some years ago, but it from a 17 inch version from about 2006/2007. Has anyone seen this issue before or know a way round it.
A different hard drive has also been tried which didn't change anything.
Thanks for reading

dukefawks

Administrator
NO, ignore that advice! YOU CANNOT SWAP ROMS BETWEEN BOARDS ON iCORE! All sorts of weird issues will happen.

leonattpcs

Oh cool!! Thanks for that Duke. I have looked at the file and can see the change. Perfect. Once it is done I will update.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.