Macbook A2141 820-01700 A

Hello , looking for some help here,

this macbook came in a cup of coffee dropped on it , I found serious impacts on the back side of the T2 chips also the area of U7000 Chip, its stock on 5V on my amp meter PPBUS-G3H diode mode reading is fine but when checking the voltage i am only getting 0,0065V , Can i get some help please?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Remove F7000/1 and check C7050 voltage.
If still low, post U7000 basic voltages; P_IN, AUX_DET, SMC_RST_IN, VDDA/P, AUX_OK, EN_MVR, A/BMON.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"AUX_DET= 0.060V"
Fix this problem.

Check first diode mode to ground there.
If good, replace R7015; be sure R7016 is good also.
If low, probably bad U7000.

Will definitely try that , but U7000 was already replaced by a new one , I have a quick question for you , sometimes those new U7000 chips they dont work , would a reballed U7000 work?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Always better to reuse U7000 removed from working board.
Just be sure to reball and solder it correctly.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
All USB-C ports have the same behavior?

Check diode mode to ground on all secondary power rails (big coils).
Don't forget 2V5 SSD (small coils).

All the USB-C ports has the same behaviour , one thing that i noticed when F7000/1 is off the board the device is stuck on 5v but not restarting on the amp meter , I have checked the coils on diode mode comparing to the schematics value , they are all fine but because of the restarting behaviour on the amp meter that does not allow a stable connection , I Cant seem to get the correct voltages , Do you have a list of the segondary voltages that you can guide me with please?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Stable PPBUS_G3H and 3V3_G3H_RTC, if both charger and battery are connected?
BTW, this machine requires 96/140W charger.

I have a 87W Charger would that cause my issue?

PPBUS_G3H with /without battery unstable since Amp Meter keeps restarting , when promptly connected i am getting 12.2V then going down to 5.2V when Amp Meter goes off

3V3_G3H_RTC is stable with and without battery Battery

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Get the correct charger for this machine!

Remove mentioned caps temporary.
You can resolder/replace them, once the problem is fixed.

I have not tried to put it in DFU mode yet , I ran another inspection under a Thermal Camera U 6960 is the one blinking off and on , Would that have anything to see since i am still getting the 20V at the USB Amp Meter?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
U6960 should be good, if you get stable 3V3_G3H_RTC.

Check what happens with U7800 LDOs, SLPS2R and AWAKE voltages.