Hi everyone,
I'm working on a MacBook A3113, logic board 820-03285, that suffered liquid damage.
I cleaned the motherboard, and the MacBook now powers on and works normally with the charger connected.
The issue:
Additional checks:
Has anyone experienced this issue on the 820-03285 board?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks!
I'm working on a MacBook A3113, logic board 820-03285, that suffered liquid damage.
I cleaned the motherboard, and the MacBook now powers on and works normally with the charger connected.
The issue:
- The battery is detected correctly by macOS.
- Battery percentage is displayed, and the system indicates charging.
- The MacBook shuts down instantly (less than one second) when the charger is disconnected.
- I've tested two different batteries with identical results.
- No short to ground was found on PPVBAT_AON_CONN or PPBUS_AON.
| Rail / Signal | Charger Connected | Battery Only |
|---|---|---|
| PPVBAT_AON_CONN | 13.27 V | 0 V |
| PPBUS_AON | 13.27 V | 0v |
| PPVBAT_AON_CHGR_R | 13.27 V | 0v |
| PP3V8_AON | 3.8 V | 0 V |
| SYS_DETECT_L | 0 V | 0.14 V |
| CHGR_BGATE (Q5265 Pin 4) | Initially 13 V, settles at 4.9 V | 0v |
- Continuity between J5150 pin 19 and Q5265 pin 5 is good.
- R5190 measures the same voltage on both sides (0 V with charger, approximately 0.48 V on battery only).
- No short to ground on the main battery power rails.
- Battery connector J5150 pins 19/20 measure 0 V in battery-only operation.
- Two batteries tested, same behavior.
Has anyone experienced this issue on the 820-03285 board?
Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks!