MacBook Air battery backing to life.

mobajer

Hello, i have battery (a1496) with was in water damaged MacBook. But haven't got any water, just was discharged till 0v.

is it any way to back it to life? (not to dissasembling it and charging every cell separately)

Is there any chip which could be locked, if so any way to program it?

here attached some videos, how it acts with plugged in charger and only battery Mac.

Thank you for advices.

smiba

... Just buy a new battery

Not worth risking. Once Li-ion cells are dead you can't recover them without extensive damage to their capacity.

If the battery is just empty and not allowing any output due to security, try to charge it in a macbook and it will come back to life

dukefawks

Administrator
The battery controller has set the "PF" (permanent failure) flag and opened the output FETs. Battery is fixable but you will need to "unseal" the controller and reset the PF flag and possibly replace the thermal fuse. Massive headache that requires special software/hardware(UBRT, EV2300), just buy another one.

mobajer

I see such batteries everyday, but if cells are not swollen, only chip locked, I want retrieve to file from principle.
REDUCE CONSUMPTION, TO PREVENT NATURE! :) Thank you dukefawks for advices, it what I needed :)