Macbook repair dying?

gadgetfix

Hey y'all. I been fixing stuff since high school. So, that-time computers and laptops were where the money was at. few years back i shifted to phones. I can now see the amount of youtube technicians have also flooded that market. SO i decided to move to board-level repair and concentrating on the macbooks. My concern is... with all the new tech and how apple love to now marry everything to the board do we have any chance for the future? I mean almost everything is on board now.

dukefawks

Administrator
It is getting more difficult as time goes on and the market is flooded with idiots too now. This is indeed a business on its way out but for now there is still good money to be made for people that know what they are doing. Getting into this business without any prior experience at this point is something I do not recommend.
Everything on the board is a good thing as this means every repair will require board level repairs, swapping parts is just monkey work that anyone can do so no good money to be made in the long term anyway.

gadgetfix

swapping parts is just monkey work that anyone can do

LOL 100%

but profit margins are dropping... AND people claim to the same thing for less. I do not know if they are lying or.... because they are monkeys they are happy to work for bananas?

dukefawks

Administrator
I still have a 95% success rate with repairs. Maybe the individual doesn't want to pay for that, but most of my business comes from other companies that need a high rate of repairs with a 1 year warranty and no hassle. They still want to pay for that. I dunno, I can still get piles and piles of repairs and charge top dollar, I have been doing it for 10+ years of course.

gadgetfix

well clearly that is a mega advantage a lot of other people don't have. When you been in business for so long you get respect/experience/reputation.

shanenin

Getting into this business without any prior experience at this point is something I do not recommend.

We are just learning and even if MacBooks become unprofitable(that will be few years off), the skills learned will carry over to other devices.