MBA A1369 emc 2469 820-3023-A running slow, keyboard inoperative. liquid ingress.

RESQ-MYTECH

Basic problem fault:-
Customer gives me the above mentioned MBA 4.2 claiming a battery issue and "virus" on the hard drive.
Initially plugged in the magsafe and the LED went green but failed to power on. I did an SMC reset and it powered on. However, it runs horrendously slow. Rebooted to the diagnostic ( see thread in tools as wanted to get this version of ASD) and which ever option I choose, basic or full the ASD crashes. With the basic it crashes after 1min 29 sec's and on full at 56 mins 23 sec. Repeatedly at the same time. On one occasion when I left the trackpad cable off ( for diagnostic purposes) the fan when high rev's.

I opened the base, tho and behold there has been liquid ingress. Removed the logic board and apart from stickyness in a couple of places, there is no corrosion.... anywhere.
I have tried another trackpad cable, trackpad and keyboard. I have also used USB keyboard and mouse. ASD gets to the same time place and crashes.
In the O/S everything is operational but slow. Booted off an external drive with an O/S on, same result in the O/S. Unable to get hold of ASD ver 3A225 as I wanted to try to run it but not off of the SSD.

Area around the JTAG is clean.
DC board to Logic Board ribbon ( not sure what you call it) although liquid indicator has been activated the connections are spotless as are the connections on the 2 board but as a precaution I swapped out the DC board and ribbon.

Any pointers please on where I should be looking next.
Thank you.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
The fan spins high as normal without trackpad connected.
Test new BIOS, with clean ME.
Try PRAM reset first...

RESQ-MYTECH

2informaticos . I do not know where in the world you are. But if I am ever in your area, no matter when, I want to buy you a beer. You make this seem so simple. PRAM reset did the trick.:D:D:D:D:D