Not exactly apple related but need some advice please

RESQ-MYTECH

So, quick info first..... Lenovo Ideapad 500s-13isk. no power to the board. Narrowed down to a blown diode. Can not find any info at all anywhere on this component. Not to buy, not to get spec's, not to get equivalent. Designation on the board is PD303. Got one other on the board that is designation PD101. Don't want to move the diode from 101 to 303 as they are all on the power circuit and moving it could possibly still leave me with a non functioning board or worse, it blows and I end up with 2 non replaceable diodes. Unable to locate a schematic to get more info.

What I have found is, ( i believe this to be correct but who knows) it is a Schottky diode, SOT23. Markings on the one that has not blown is 3D with a dot below and a 7 on its side with 2 dots below. I know that 20v is present on the bottom right leg. No reading on bottom left or top legs. I also do not know the pin outs as what ever combination I place the probes on the multi meter whether in circuit or out, I get a quick beep. i.e. red bottom left black bottom right or top/ red top black bottom left and right/ red bottom right black bottom left or top

Information from SMD-codes shows this, but I fear it is not the right info :-3D RB715F Si-diode Dual, Schottky Rectifier, 40V, 30mA, Vf<0,37V(1mA), 5pF SOT-323 16dg 3a - Rhm,Trs
I have attached a pic of the good diode.
Any information or help that I can glean will help me massively.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 15.05.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 15.05.10.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 0

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
It is probably Compal LA-D061P model board; confirm that.
Schematic not available, but maybe some other model can help.
Send hi-res pictures of the board.
We can try to locate some chip related with that diode.
Is it close to a BQ247xx chip?

RESQ-MYTECH

You are correct with the board model. And after spending money on falsely described files claiming to be schematics this would also seem to be the case...LOL
There is a chip BQ24780 on the bottom ( directly under thePD303). Full chip description is BQ24780 TI 591 C9NE board designation is PU301.
Photo's uploaded to http://www.pc1staid.co.uk/2inf
I set my phone to the highest resolution it has, hopefully that will be OK.
If you need a photo of anywhere on the board, let me know and I will take it.
Thanks for your assistance.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Does it go to pin 28/PU301 through 10 ohms resistor?

Be aware, Compal never notes SOT-23 package as the standard!!!

RESQ-MYTECH

wow, now i know what it is... i have loads, i have a lot of LA-9431P boards from dell e7450 and pd3 is the same bas40cw. fitted it to the lenovo board and its up and running. Once again sir, I owe you....thank you very very much