opening a shop in 3 weeks :)

Repairable

Hi all,

wanted to let you know ill be openings a shop in about 3 weeks.

small shop in shop but a busy place with a lot of traffic.

any advice is always welcome as this is new for me

drumrollllll

Repairable

No Title

Some pictures
stil working on the setup
and name banners

Attachments

• photo1266.jpg
    photo1266.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 1
  • photo1267.jpg
    photo1267.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1

Repairable

TY
quick 861d working great, no shaking on the desk and shit load of hot air. not had any issues yet removing parts no slow frying

Nick

That's failry cheap. My (used) station's heating element is going to hell (to be fair I use it also for BGA rework) and right now we can't afford a Weller or better. I shall give it a shoot

G.Beard

TY
quick 861d working great, no shaking on the desk and shit load of hot air. not had any issues yet removing parts no slow frying

WOoo I like the angled nozzles... You can't go wrong with a good angle on your nozzle.
What's the air flow stepping like?

I been using a Hakko FR-810B for about 8 months now, I don't mind the tactile button controls and the air flow stepping is good enough but it would be nice to dial in with a little more precision. I had to angle my own nozzle too.

Last edited:

Repairable

No Title

lol got these from my wife for in the shop, in my logo i got 2 pears so she got me 2 very big ones for in the shop :)

Attachments

• photo1272.jpg
    photo1272.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 0

gcain

I use a floor tile under my microscope. It handles heat well (doesn't burn the desk) and it looks good, is flat and comes in a bunch of colours.

Just commenting because you have cardboard under yours. Originally I used a wooden breadboard.

Nice set up, always exciting setting up a new venture.

Repairable

I use a floor tile under my microscope. It handles heat well (doesn't burn the desk) and it looks good, is flat and comes in a bunch of colours.

Just commenting because you have cardboard under yours. Originally I used a wooden breadboard.

Nice set up, always exciting setting up a new venture.

nice idear indeed,

yea very exciting....

Nick

my first employe (my little girl)

when i went to Louis she was just a few weeks old, kids grow so fast...

she still has more chance to fix that board with that screw driver than the guy on the other room of this building has to get his next paycheck if he doesn't stop putting in the wrong fucking screws in the iPhones he opens every God damn day.

sorry, my mind runs. She is so cute!

Repairable

haha you also have a dumbo around your corner great. to bad they give the Real repair companys also a bad name.

ty Nick, yea she is and she is (almost) always happy and smilling

Nick

haha you also have a dumbo around your corner great. to bad they give the Real repair companys also a bad name.

ty Nick, yea she is and she is (almost) always happy and smilling

I gotta thank him. I had the first argue with jessa thanks to him fucking up a customer's 5s. She was soooo angry that "I" lost the customer's data. It was the best way to have the chance to finally invest in an Amscope and a fm2032. Long screw damages all day long for the whole town now.

ahh to be able to be a kid again... not for the happiness, I think I am a happy person, hell I got the job of my dreams! when I was little we were so poor that my parents worked all days long so I always stayed with my grandfather who would bring me to the junkyard (he was a mechanical shit accumulator) so I started bringing home radios and shit to open and destroy. had the chance to get electrocuted at a tender age. anyway what i mean is that as a kid you are happy but also not perennely angry and pissed off with something or someone since you wake up in the morning.

Fuck I should get yoga lessons or somethin'...

820Slave

IMO, starting a repair biz in 2017 would be like starting a movie rental store a year before blockbuster went bust. If you haven't had a store already, you haven't experienced sharp drop off of certain models of Macs. One day very soon you will no longer see a pre 2012 Macs which has been the gravy train for years. In our shop we now spend far more time on retina MBs and make significantly less. For example, we make pennies on ssd upgrades, the batteries are no fun for our techs, and we can't repair the displays anymore.... I could go on and on and moan about the new Macs and this is no longer 2009 etc, but the fact of the matter 3rd party Mac repair is now a commoditized market and the margins are narrowing every day. Not to mention these awful Chinese suppliers I hate dealing with. They scam us at every turn. Sorry. Had to vent.

Another note is that we have had just few 2016 macs to date, and when they come off warranty I'm not sure if you want to go down that road.

Apple Care+ for mac is just another sign that Mac Repair Is Dead.

For now, I hope your traffic is off the charts, you build out a pile of repair stations, you kill it in your market, and make a ton of cash, however, know it won't last long.

(My intent here is not to be an ass, but to share our experience and to tell it like it is, and I wouldn't have written this if I didn't see the pic of your daughter.)

Repairable

Yes. Like every Repair facility has gone in the past
Every thing Goes cheaper And becomes absolete
Margins are schrinking
I know. And i know the store wont be here in 5 yeats probably.
But i see iT as a step to a New beginning

Why woudnt You speak your mind when You did not see the kid?
This is something Louis And duke have Been saying for the last 3 years.
I look at iT like tv Repair or car repair.
Tv repair dead
CAR repair not happing Just replace No repairs

Nick

the funny part about this is that I basically started this year as well but I am not focusing only on Apple products. I work in rural countryside Italy, who the hell own a MacBook? I get my main earning from fixing Apple products for other shops from big cities, I do lot of android repairs even if I God damn hate it. and yes I did fix televisions and radios, there are no more people who fixes boards. your smart fridge dies? the repair guy tells you that the board is 300€ new. add 50€ of his work. what does he do? get to me to get that fixed. I earn, he earns more, the customer spend less. Hell I even fixed a ford mustang's transmission board for a local tuning shop. Brand new the board was 4000$ inported frok freedoom land. maybe MacBook repair is dead but hell for sure ELECTRONICS repair is not dead. it is only getting bigger for me with all of this shit planned obsolescence companies put even in their most expensive products

oh and vacuum tubes. people really love playing guitars on those here and guess what? nobody fixes them. I can virtually charge anything I want.

for me it is fun. if it goes down? hell I move to the next shit to fix. who knows I can fix fidget spinners

Repairable

the funny part about this is that I basically started this year as well but I am not focusing only on Apple products. I work in rural countryside Italy, who the hell own a MacBook? I get my main earning from fixing Apple products for other shops from big cities, I do lot of android repairs even if I God damn hate it. and yes I did fix televisions and radios, there are no more people who fixes boards. your smart fridge dies? the repair guy tells you that the board is 300€ new. add 50€ of his work. what does he do? get to me to get that fixed. I earn, he earns more, the customer spend less. Hell I even fixed a ford mustang's transmission board for a local tuning shop. Brand new the board was 4000$ inported frok freedoom land. maybe MacBook repair is dead but hell for sure ELECTRONICS repair is not dead. it is only getting bigger for me with all of this shit planned obsolescence companies put even in their most expensive products

oh and vacuum tubes. people really love playing guitars on those here and guess what? nobody fixes them. I can virtually charge anything I want.

for me it is fun. if it goes down? hell I move to the next shit to fix. who knows I can fix fidget spinners

thats the spirit Nick, diversity adapt. hell even Jessa is fixing dildo`s