Other business stealing customers pretending being me :(

point0001cents

Quick story: Moved out of an old space which I shared with other business. Now the other business is taking clients pretending to be me. Saying like "he is not here anymore", "he closed his business", OR even "yes this is iResurrect Repairs"..totally mad..when I stop by the old store..the 70 year old guy starts singing profanity..Any advice?

point0001cents

Hi Louis, so my name was originally in the lease and I also put a deposit. After 2 years of pure harassment by the old man, I made a decision to move out to a new suite in the same property/ building..During the process, there was a change in the property managment. Some Russian guy bought the whole property..I paid in checks. All of which is in written contract. I loaned him some money too as he could not pay the rents while I was there...
Now, he has subleased the space to two other tenants. Originally while I was there he just fixed tvs, stereos, laptops, audio equipments and stuff. Now he has started offering Apple products which I am totally fine with. But I am very mad because he is being unethical by stealing business away from me because he has posted huge signs with iphones and he is on the ground floor and I am on the 2nd floor. So, most people get confused with all the signs he has and go there. Some people are wise enough ot ask if it is iResurrect Repairs. So the old guy gives them bunch of excuses and even offering them lowest prices. Some cases he does not even make a dollar.. He basically outsources any repairs. 15 mins of iphone repair turns into 1 week of repair. So, I get a call from the customer who left their phone there. Has happened numerous times. I have politely sent him emails and stopped by the old store not to do such things. His business is called Eids tv. But he recently changed it to Eid tv.
So when ever I mentioned anything with the money he owes me or him taking my clients, he shouts like a mad man and harasses me saying "he is a professor, an engineer, he did millions of dollars in sale everyday in the 70s and 80s" which I have in video and audio recordings. I even have his friends on video with their consent who loaned him thousands of dollars, which they say they will never see again.
Just unnecessary burden in my mind just because of this..
So this Friday I got really mad when he took one more of my scheduled customer by offering him a lower price. When asked why is he doing such things repeatedly, he just scream GET OUT you piece of Garbage or low class people...I broke his tv remote and I told him to call the cops. Which he did after couple of hours. So the cop just gave me a verbal warning. No written case no. or anything..
Crazy as it sounds, it was a broken hdmi port on a ps4 repair. Same evening Eid has the guts to send his friend and employee to get the same ps4 fixed at my shop! I am like I am not gonna touch it..How fucked up is that??

Aldizi

Sry to jump in here but it seems to me like your screwed... Can you get out of your current space? I had something similiar happen to us. I got my client list and called every single person who had visited us asked how they were doing and texted them the new address..... Is that possible ?

point0001cents

That's what I did. New clients who schedule appointments online are the ones who generally get confused. A confirmation e-mail is sent but seems like most don't read it...