[solved] 820 2530 some problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JorgePayar

Hi, Im newbie and starting to learn, what is wrong with this MB. Sorry if I say stupid things or I make stupids questions.

The first problem that I have is when I close the lid, the macbook switch off.
So I started to watch carefully for symptoms and around u9000 is shorted it gets too hot, I removed it, and still shorted, I removed the c9009 too...still shorted... I check the voltage and is 3.3v
Check for the r9014 seems to be good
Im so confused and lost any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
When you stay still shorted, can you explain a little further?

Do you mean the area is still hot?

Do you mean a specific voltage rail is shorted to ground?

JorgePayar

If I put IPA like you show in one of your videosto know where is the short, there are bubbles in c9009 and u9000 too, and gets hot too.

JorgePayar

I mean the area is still hot.
If I put IPA like you show in one of your videosto know where is the short, there are bubbles in c9009 and u9000 too, and gets hot too.
When I make the measurement, in pin 1 c9009 for example it gives me 3.32v I thin is this rail pp3v3_s5_lcd

JorgePayar

No Title

Ok, I feel a little bit ignored here...anyway, now the short is gone it was u9000 and c9009, I changed them and now it is working BUT...
I ran ASD and it shows me this:
Can anybody help me solve this problem?

Attachments

• photo58.jpg
    photo58.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 0

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I feel a little bit ignored here...anyway, now the short is gone it was u9000 and c9009, I changed them and now it is working BUT...
I ran ASD and it shows me this:
Can anybody help me solve this problem?

If you attach ethernet cable and log into the router and go to the client list area, what MAC address does it show?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I am also a little confused. At first you said you removed C9009 and U9000 and the short was still there, but now you replaced them and it works. Was there still a short on the board? Was the board still hot from the prior short? Am I missing something?

Mac-N-Sauce

Ok, I just joined and have to admit i am a little intimidated! I am a rookie.
I also have an 820-2530 board so thats why i am jumping on this thread instead of a new one.
I get green and orange light on charger, boots, chimes, no back light at all.
Computer will not power on by charger alone it must have battery to power on.
Inspected back light circuit to discover R9731missing completely. Replaced and still no back light. Do not have backlight en.
Any thoughts?

JorgePayar

No Title

If you attach ethernet cable and log into the router and go to the client list area, what MAC address does it show?

It shows this one.
About the short, I was confused when I removed u9000 + c9009 there was no short, but I saw bubbles when I put alcohol in it and I thought the short was still there, my mistake sorry.
But now Im confused because of this error about the ethernet, it seems to be working well, did you had this error before?

Attachments

• photo61.jpg
    photo61.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
It shows this one.
About the short, I was confused when I removed u9000 + c9009 there was no short, but I saw bubbles when I put alcohol in it and I thought the short was still there, my mistake sorry.
But now Im confused because of this error about the ethernet, it seems to be working well, did you had this error before?

It's fine. That's just 2009 ASD being retarded. Run it on a 15" machine and it will tell you the GPU is dying when it furmarks as well. :)

ASD is good for sensor issues. The rest of it is bunk IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.