[SOLVED]820-2879 Q7035 Keeps shorting to gnd

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraffis

that should rule out bad smc. some how u have a problem between u6900 and u6901. i would test resistance on r6929, and then check rresistance to ground from pad 1 on u6900 to pin 4 of u6901. kinda sounds like the trace is bad or R6929 is screwed and bringing down the voltage from u6901. report back with findings please.

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Made a mistake and posted from a smoothbrain moment... Delete this post..

Last edited:

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had a board with the same adapter sense and onewire readings before.... u6900 is bad... And of course it's stolen off all my donors... More on the way thogh

jgraffis

Also make sure the old trace is not shorted to ground. This is unlikely but had it happen to me. The smc should be sending signal for green light. I would replace smc next.

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had onewire and Adapter sense be the same 3.4 v and U6900 was bad... When I was troubleshooting this board I replaced u6900 from one I had on my mat... now that I think about it, that u6900 that I used may have been a bad one

TCRScircuit

Super Moderator
Staff member
@igraffis... The wire from u6900 to u6901... Then I got trolled by a bad DC in board... Plus the ISL and q7030 and 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.