[SOLVED]820-3115 Ts0P failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraffis

i got this 820-3115. The fans come on high after about 5 seconds. ran ASD EFI and it fails for Ts0P. the reading is showing -124c.

i understand that this sensor is in the trackpad ribbon. I changed with known good trackpad and cable, but still the same issue. thought i would check j5800 for short to ground, everything came back just fine except pin 18( pp5v_s5_cumulus) it showed .0L on the multi meter.

not sure where to go on this one, can't seem to find anything in the schematic about Ts0P. any ideas?

jgraffis

took pictures of both the fail in asd efi and hardware profile.

Attachments

• IMG_1745.JPG
    IMG_1745.JPG
    11.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8244.JPG
    IMG_8244.JPG
    12.1 MB · Views: 0

dukefawks

Administrator
IO failed so data line issue. Check everything connected to SMBUS_SMC_2. Corrosion in iSight connector is a common issue. Check data lines in diode mode.

jgraffis

thanks man i appreciated the help. is there something i missed in the readings, or is it just an experience thing?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
sensor reading below or above limit is usually a bad trackpad because the sensor is reading an off value. can't read the sensor means the sensor is not at fault, but the dataline itself. the trackpad sensor dataline shares a path with the isight light detector thingie which plugs into the webcam connector. If it is being interfered with, or shorted to ground, you can tell by checking diode mode to ground number on that line itself. Typically unplugging bad webcam cable solves this problem but in rare case it is the webcam connector itself - also drove me nuts on a 3437 where I couldn't see any corrosion from the outside, even with a microscope.

jgraffis

Good to know, and thanks a ton. i didn't notice any corrosion but i will do as instructed. I think these 820-3115 boards are gonna kill me. I've got a couple that do strange things and just have got to them yet.

jgraffis

Ok we can mark this as SOLVED. it was in fact and issue with pin5 on of j3502 being smashed over right in the bend of the leg. Never seen this on the web cam connector before, i've seen it on the lcd connector due to the lock.

Thanks again duke fawks and louis rossmann. SOLVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.