[SOLVED] 820-3209 Keyboard problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualLife

I have 820-3209 with a keyboard problem. Before that i had a trackpad issue with it and tested the trackpad and found out that it was shorter to ground and because of that it did not start. After replacing the trackpad with a new one it started to work but now the fan spins full speed and the keyboard itself pushes buttons. Some of them work just fine like volume buttons and other keyboards. What could be the issue here, its weird in first place that the trackpad is shorted to ground.

VirtualLife

I checked the flat cables and there were nothing on them. Usually it will get slow when there is a sensor problem but the Macbook works just fine and there is no lagging in it. The fan just runs really fast and the keyboard presses buttons by itself. I checked the board if there were any corrosions or any sign of water damage but there were nothing. I will run ASD when i get the ASD file.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Run ASD and see if TS0P fails or reads something funny. My guess is bad keyboard/trackpad/trackpad flex. Knowing which sensor is failing will help isolate where to look. TS0P is trackpad temp sensor. Having spares of all these parts around will save you lots of misery going forward.

VirtualLife

Well my guess was the keyboard also but the flex cable and the trackpad is new ones so there is no problems with those. Anyways i will run ASD and post it here when I'm done.

VirtualLife

The issue was the keyboard. Never thought that the fan will spin fast becouse of it. I think the issue was that the start button is always pushing it self so it will start the computer on other mode that i don't remember what they called it but the fan always spins in the mode full speed. No errors on ASD neither EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.