Weller WHA900 Heating Element?

SMMRepair

I'm having trouble finding any real information about what heating element the WHA900 uses. Weller's website is kind of terrible, and I can't find anything on Amazon or Google. I found one PDF on Weller's website that mentions replacing the "heating unit", but no other information (part number, pricing information, etc).

My WHA900 was purchased new about 2 years ago, and has been used as much as 10 hours off/on ~4 days per week since, and I believe I'm starting to notice its heating power is not what it once was. Has anyone replaced the heating element on this thing yet? If so, do you have the part number handy and maybe a source for purchasing it?

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
Weller's website is garbage, but if you contact them they should give you an idea. I haven't replaced my element yet, it's a little over one year old and I have abused it terribly and it still works.

SMMRepair

Thanks, Louis. Yeah, Weller's website is terrible. Even still, I found it odd that there was absolutely no mention of the heating element on their website or in the documentation that came with the unit. I'll give Weller a call next week. The unit still works fine for my purposes, but I want to have the element on-hand when it does eventually need replacing. Thanks!