What do you think about AOYUE equipment?

Crizz

I know what Louis is going to write in here but what the rest of you think about it?
Any experiences or comparisons?

I use AOYUE Int852A+ for the last 8 Years and for me it kind of works. Sometimes I have to preheat the board to solder bigger chips but it works fine.
It goes up to 480C and provides 23l/min
I usually use 400-420C with 14-16l air flow on QFNs

To be honest I'm looking forward to buy a Weller or a Hakko station but I can't find any reasonable station in germany.
I would like to spend € 500 but the Weller starts at 900€ :(
Are there other well-known manufacturers with equal machines?

// Should I be worried about Louis coming in my repair shop one day and smashes my hot air station like he did in the BAKU video??????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV6wXxfYo-s

D_R

Well, it's just my personal opinion:
I also use AOYUE Equipment in my Lab. I have the Int 883 preheater (with a custom build IR Top Heat for BGA rework) and the 932 Vacuum Pick Up. These devices are working for me just fine. A mid-price Product like Hakko wouldn't work much better for me. As a hot air station I currently use the Atten 858D+ Rework Station. It's good enough for me to do all the rework, I had to do so far.

Today I saw some videos about chinese guys, that are reworking an iPhone with 16GB to a 128GB. And they were using the same station to take the NAND Chip off the board. So the station works, if you have the skill to solder with it.

Well in Germany you can buy the Hakko station for 718€. An alternative station is the OKI HCT-900-21, 460€.

In my case, I decided to buy the JBC station this or the next year. I'm using the JBC soldering station and I like it. It's the best station I ever had. And so I'd like to have the hot air station. I don't want to switch to the mid-priced manufacturer like Hakko and then switch again to JBC. And in my (and I also think in your case) the IRS or Finanzamt is paying for it.

BTW: where are you located in Germany?

Repairable

Yes Louis wil smash it ?
Nano letters -> i have one to boughht it when i used it for removing touch screens from iPad
ITS not bad but when i see How the hakko/Weller/jbc preforms iTS insane
If i had the money and reveneu jbc 100%
I use 2 soldering stations they are suprême (jbc)

For now i have to do whit it prio is Tutoring at Louis

Last edited:

Crizz

I almost bought the Atten 858D+ for second machine since I saw a lot of YouTube content of it. The most of it comes from asia ;)
It has the blowing motor integrated in the hand-piece unlike the most of the AOYUE machines.
They use a pump inside the device. I cant say what the advantages and disadvantages are.
I use also the 932 Vacuum Pick Up... well, not in the last view months actually :rolleyes:
Furthermore I use a preheater with the weird name PUHUI T8280 - it works like a charm :cool:
Against my Hakko FX951 I have nothing to complain about!

When it comes in relation to JBC gear, I share Louis' opinion - NEVER EVER in 1000 years for that price!
(he uses it but he claimes it was a gift)

I'm from Düsseldorf

spakhnyuk

I started with an [FONT=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Aoyue 2703A+ Station. Originally it was not purchased for board work. It was bought as a basic soldering station with air rework capabilities for swapping chips on hard drive PCBs for data recovery. For that purpose, the station was excellent. It was like $300 and seemed to work OK. After about 4-5 months of casual use, the iron went bad.
Once I started getting into board work I bought a Hakko FX-951 soldering station and a Weller WHA900 hot air rework station.

I'm still using the Aoyue for air rework as I'm currently waiting on a nozzle for the Weller...but it's becoming a nightmare. The air pressure isn't sufficient anymore for some reason so something must have gone bad. I didn't think it was possible to outgrow the AOYUE station so fast. I do manage with it for now, but cannot wait until I get my Weller nozzle :p
If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't buy the AOYUE. My suggestion is to invest in the quality equipment form the get to. And as Louis always says, the Hakko FX-951 and Weller WHA900/Hakko FR810 is the cheap stuff! JBC gear is what really costs a fortune.

It's funny that you mention that you're not able to find a reasonable station in Germany...the weller WHA900 I have was Made in Germany!!! :eek:
[/FONT]

Crizz

It is weird Weller is a german company and their products are more expensive in Germany than in the US.
On Amazon.com WHA900 costs 612$ ~ 535€ and in Germany nothing under 850€ ~970$ :mad:

D_R

Sorry Crizz, but why do you care so much about the price of the station?
Let's calculate:

If you have a repair shop, you use this station for work. So you are able to write the station off. In Germany we have the AFA. Now let's take the JBC Station for 1.500€. The AFA for Soldering Devices is 13 Years. So you can write off 115€ per year. It's 10€ per month. Does this 10€ per Month "loss" really care?

Repairable

The write of is indeed €10 each month
But you cant pay Weller €10 each month to get the machine now

D_R

But you can pay 13-14€ to your Bank or Leasing Company like Grenke and get the machine now.
And if you have the 500€ deposit (you wanted to buy a cheaper machine from), than your monthly rate is not more than a meal at the next fast food restaurant.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of Aoyue gear because each and every one of you are commenting on something totally different.

The tolerances are so far off on this shit that two pieces of the same model gear will work completely different. You can't base purchasing opinion on what someone else says, because the Aoyue piece they have might perform totally different from the Aoyue piece you buy.

D_R

larossmann
What kind of JBC Hot Air station are you using in your videos? Is it the TE-2D Model or the JD-2D? And can you tell me, what Jessa is using? In one of your videos I saw the unboxing of the TE-2D, but the current handpiece you are using looks like the JD Model.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
It's the JT-A. I can't recommend anyone spend this much on it, but for the love of god avoid aoyue.

1centchips

I use W.E.P 858D hot air station. So far working great until now (2years). Bought it because saw a video by EEVBlog on youtube. I paid $45 for the unit. But if Louis sees it in his close proximity, he will most like beat the metal sheet out of it hahahah

mitchell crane

Buy good tools if your going to do this for a occupation. I have a aoyue 852 and a hakko 810 ( recently purchased ). I never had much expectations out of the 852 and knew I would shortly buy a hakko/weller/jbc. The aoyue worked but it was easy to tell it was short on heat and air for large stuff. There simply is no comparison between the hakko 810 and the aoyue when it comes to heat/air output. If all you have used is cheap tools you will not know how deficient your tool is until you use a quality tool. The difference is like comparing a snapon tool and harborfreight . Sure the harborfreight tool might get the job done but in the long haul the snapon will fit better,last longer,serve better in most cases (have both also).As the person who started this thread states "it kinda works " there is the problem with cheap tools. Plus if you buy a cheap tool if your having problem accomplishing the needed task is it the tools fault or yours? If you buy a quality tool and are having problems you will know that the problem is in your method or procedure not the tool.

Crizz

mitchell crane
Thanks for the answer it helps me a lot!
You have tried both stations and can clearly tell what the different is!

Compared to Louis videos it takes 2x-4x as long to unsolder a big QFN chip with my station thats why I said it kinda works!
Therefore I prefer to use a preheater, especially for Mac-Boards.
At the end of the day I have a working machine but it would be awesome when I had done the job faster and easier!

D_R
"Sorry Crizz, but why do you care so much about the price of the station?"
If I wouldn't care about prices I would probably have a Ferrari in my garage :cool:

JorgePayar

I think like all in life takes time... baby steps for all.
First you buy a piece of shit, then you earn money, then you think to buy a better machine that will save you time...time=money...
The best thing to do is to find the correct tool that suits at your time and your pocket.

I have a Ayoue 968A and for the price it is actually really good. The Soldering iron that comes with it is mediocre at best so I got a used FX-951 to go with it off eBay but the hot air station is quite good. I have been able to do LP8550's with no problem, Removed SMC with no issue and have also been able to remove a LVDS connector from a 820-2915 by heating it from the bottom. If you are getting a hot air station do not get a station that has the pump inside the handle as those are complete trash but i have found the 968A to be quite good. I bought mine from amazon a year or so ago and have had no problem with it but it only gets used a few times a week at most but has held up fine so far. But like louis said it is very possible i just got a good one and another one could be complete crap.

Last edited:

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
I never bought shit, I just used the good tools available.

I replaced 0402 components with a $100 Hakko soldering iron and some ingenuity before I got a hot air station. Once I had done five or six backlight fuses that I would not have done without the $100 iron, I had money left to pay for rent and buy an FR-801.

Once I used the FR-801 to do enough that made me money, I used that to buy a microscope and so on and so forth.