820-00239 a1706 -2016 A1706 (EMC 3071) NOT DETECTING FLASH

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
HWMonitor shows some strange values?

Trackpad is correctly recognized on System Report?
I saw working TP not recognized few times.

I was randomly checking the voltages on L7410 /20/30 when the machine in ON condition. All the three voltages were unstable, I could see some 300 mV coming and going...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
CPU core voltage is dinamycally adjusted, that could be normal.

Put the machine in Target Disk mode and test its SSD from other MacBook.

I don't have a working 170x series MacBook for testing, it is really slow when I boot from an external SSD (Bigsur) after removing the J9600 connector.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
To check ALS, tap the webcam, or direct flashlight on it.
Backlight screen and keyboard should react then.

You can test it in Traget Disk mode with older MacBook, using proper USB cable adapter.
Or use newer, T2 machine, with Thunderbolt cable.

ALS check is not clear for me,I have tried FaceTime app, camera is ON and the green light also ON. But I have never seen the fans running for this unit... Am I followed the right step ? “Backlight screen and keyboard should react then “ what is that mean, could you describe bit more ?

Well, After reading more in the forum, Understood what I should do.
The keyboard backlight is ON& OFF according to the flashlight I give on the webcam. Which means ALS is fine?

Even the screen brightness and touch bar brightness vary according to the flashlight I give. I have noticed the fan running when I run hardware diagnostic tests. But never during power ON/bootup/after bootup

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Fans probably spin only when CPU gets hot.
I don't have the same board here to test.

If machine still works slow with USB macOS and J9600 disconnected, then is not a problem related with internal SSD.
Also shouldn't be BIOS issue, if ME region was properly cleaned.

Check the CPU usage.

If I am not wrong for posting HWmonitor I have to go through the entire steps attached below?
If yes I don't think I can do it , Because the system is that slow :(