820-02020 UL000 "M1" pro (See RF chip removed Picture attached)

Hello, I have a fun one.

I have a 820-02020 that suffered a small surge due to water damage. I have repaired most of the damage and came to the last part that died and it was the RF chip UL000. I pulled that chip and I now have a booting logic board. (without UL000) installed.

Question is? Can I just replace this chip or will I be in all kinds of trouble like changing one on a ipad?820-02020 UL000 upload.jpg

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Very likely to be paired, like on iPhone.
Nowadays Apple makes all possible to avoid the repair of its boards.

Well... When I get ahold of a junk board to harvest one I will try it and let you guys know. If anyone has experience with changing these please let me know.

Any of the MacBook with integrated Wi-Fi / Bluetooth chips. Are any of them replaceable?

Last edited:

mbcontrol

I'm working on a 820-02020-A that had a lot of water damage. After fixing all the damaged areas finally i had a short on PP3V3_S2_WLBT_ISNS in UL000. So i removed UL000 and the board was booting. Then i changed the UL000 from a Donor. The board is still booting but the machine don't work with this chip. There is no WLAN and no Bluetooth present. I don't know - did i kill the chip or is there another reason that he don't want to work with it.