820-2838 Charger LED no fan spin

rsiesta

On Q7910 I have 3.3v on pins 3 and 4, but pins 1,2,5,6 are all zero and not shorted to ground.
It looks like Q7910 is bad, anything else I need to check? Board is pulling 20mA from charger.

Attachments

• photo1961.png
    photo1961.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Pin3 should be low.
Read how a P-channel MOSFET works...

This board doesn't start by itself.
Use power button, or R5014/15 pads instead.

rsiesta

Duh, even in red... I missed the _L I was thinking it was P3VS3_EN. I knew some required starting, this is first one I have had. That looks like it makes it easy as it started and pulling 1 amp from charger, The keyboard looks nasty I bet the on off button is not working... Thanks!

rsiesta

That was it, played around with the ribbon cable on the track pad side and power button started working. I think just going to see if can find a top case, screen looks great.

rsiesta

Well it gets really hot and resets, didn't think the air had a gpu but I guess the 2010 did.
Does this have a bad gpu or what else causes it to get very hot and then not finishing booting.
I was fooled with filevault and got the logon screen but that is only efi, it never seems to complete...

rsiesta

With the one heat sink bar hard to tell and already had it off once, Guess I should of checked it then. I
guess it goes to the parts bin now. Thanks.