820 2850, uefi problems

Noguinfor

Hey,

anyone have a bios with clean me and fixed checksum of the Fsys block?

i need to change a serial number off this board. but this particulars boards not only changing the serial that solves the problem. anyone can help me?

thanks

Noguinfor

bios already programmed! It work's well but i will test 1-2 days more because with other bios it work's to but some times the machine goes down with karnel panics! After that i will post the result!

thanks you Mr.Vali . Good weekend

Noguinfor

guys i'm member of this group since 2016! i did repair many boards equals with C9560 problem! did not know was that it is not advisable to use hot air!

1rst think i did on this board was replace C9560!

Now, i know this board work perfectly with original BIOS! But with the bios that 2informaticos sent to me keeps freezing and shut down randomly.

yesterday i was listening music with this mac all day with original bios and work's perfectly, no bugs!

can you help me to build other bios?

thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Did you really upload backup of your board?
If I correctly remember, when I tried to clean ME region with Medusa, it reported no change, like ME was already clean; impossible for a booted BIOS.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, was my mistake.
I use a 64Mb (W25Q64BV) chip soldered on Medusa adapter.
So the file read back was 8MB, instead of 4MB.
So, CUTT OFF last 4MB from the file I sent...

Noguinfor

sorry my mistake! bad understood last phrase!

i have LBE and the program do this for me easy! i was spoke with the owner of program and he sad on next update he will add FSYS check sum in LBE.

i will test the machine with the bios and after that will post the result!

thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know, LBE does NOT clean ME; just replaces it with clean stock/generic ME region.
That is not the correct way!!!

Noguinfor

Hey 2informaticos!

I think it not be necessary to open another post. i need help with another machine with bios problem! This machine shuts down after 1 - 2 minutes. I already try the bios that you post on top and the machine works fine keeping on but with some bugs!this on the processor it's I7 i don't know if have difference... I think with one clean ME on bios solve the problem! i try to clean with LBE but like you say this is not the right way! can you help me with that?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uujpSPkK1AWtabUAG2E9GxeeHioPwrG8/view?usp=sharing

thanks

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
The previous BIOS is clean ME.
What bugs you have with it?
If you want to change serial number, just replace entire Fsys area with the one from your backup.