820-3330 intermitting startup and orange light - fan twitch if dead

Fizzl92

I could not get it to run ASD. It just doesn`t wanna start normally now. Just quater fan spin or fan twitch... Also sometimes with green, sometimes with orange light and charging and sometimes even with no light in the charger at all (with battery connected)... So not sure what we can do here...

Fizzl92

I already used a couple different DCIN boards with no change. Battery charges as randomly as it turns on. But is has the ability to charge it.

Fizzl92

Voltages did not change. Still everything present until i reach PP3V3_S4. 5V_S3 and 3V3_S3 ~ 0,5 V. Also straight 3,3V at scope for various time scales on SYS_ONEWIRE and CHGR_ACOK (with the mod still applied).

SMMRepair

Have you confirmed the board doesn't have any cracks/breaks? Specifically along I/O side...USB ports commonly cracked at the board. There are many lines running along right-side edge of board, so any damage there can cause funky issues relating to power/charge/etc. Just a thought...this thread seems to be getting long. Also check for any missing/damaged components.

Fizzl92

I cant see anything bad looking on the board but i know what you mean. Especially if the heatsink "burns" itshelf to the keyboard backlight and when for what ever reason the speaker/mic assemply sticks really hard to the upper case. So it may just be flex damage - even if The4 keyboard backlight and the speaker assembly look fine too. I had alot of there boards that wont come out of the case but never had issues like that.
This one was already removed at least once until i got to it...

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Your problems could be generated by cracked traces.
Seems that board has more than one issue which also appear randomly.
It is probably no worth to spend more time on it...