A1369 It doesn't just turn on green light

Djsp

I found one that equals 820-3023 A but has a low insulation on L7330, as you advise me to proceed

Djsp

PP3V42_G3H 3.38v
PPBUS_G3H 8.38
SMC_RESET_L 3.32V
PP3V3_S5 3.3v
PP5V_S5 5.0 V

I don't have S3

Djsp

Then update I found a fault on U7940 now I have PP3V3_S3 and the 5v_S5 I have the 3v3_SUS but the short on L7330 remains
I also get 1V05_S0

Last edited:

Djsp

I lifted L7330 the short remains on the 2nd I checked all the leveling capacitors and don't pull down PPDDR_S3_REG at this point is something after the boardview would look like a rhophore under a ram, lifted the ram?

Djsp

So a short on the CPU?
Either first I have to check U7801 or remove R1120 and see if the short is interrupted

Last edited:

Djsp

How do I see the ram that is short?
In fact, I found a missing capacitor near a ram

Last edited:

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If you still insist on it, try injecting voltage on the 1V2_S3 power rail; R7350 is probably the easiest point to do it.
Remove CPU heatsink first; however not easy to detect CPU heating, if not pure short...

Djsp

I removed 3 ram modules disappeared the short and the card started I suppose a reflow was done and they shorted pp1v05_S3

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
The sign of previous RAM reflow is easy to detect.
You didn't say anything about that before.
Spending time to change all RAM modules may be wasting time; in case of CPU internal problem.

Djsp

I suspected that he had been reflowed at the ram because some capacitors were missing, I began to detach on one side and I was lucky that after 3 modules the short was gone

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You should remove and replace all RAM chips.
You can't know which chip is bad; if the problem is not CPU indeed.