ASD (Apple system diagnostics)

ytesfay80

larossmann How do you use the ASD? Do you download the file and put it on a usb and then plug the stick into whichever macbook you want to run the test on?

VirtualLife

the link is good but i don't really work so much with old machines anymore so if anyone has ASD for 3S142 it would be great. I dear you to google that ASD and find it in google, because you would not.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
larossmann How do you use the ASD? Do you download the file and put it on a usb and then plug the stick into whichever macbook you want to run the test on?

download asd

open the dmg

you'll see efi asd and os asd for every model. it's up to you what you want to use - EFI ASD gives more information when it comes to failed sensors because you can see them all with their readings in the hardware profile.

then just copy it to partitions on a USB flash drive. hold down option while turning the computer on, boot up into ASD, and you're ready for testing.

VirtualLife

I don't need EFI because there is no sensor problems. I tested off the EFI and it passed. The problem is with my macbook air it works great but when i update it it just goes crazy with the graphics card or it seems like it. Its just weird that its running good with 10.11.3. And 10.11.4 doesn't work.

Last edited: