Clean EFI dump for 820-00426 board

Narek

Hi, I got 820-00426 board for repair with missing EFI chip and ripped all traces under it. I have tried two dumps I had, computer works on them but very slowly with fans running on max speed. I've tried cleaning ME Region, but it doesn't change anything. Can I ask you to share celan EFI for this board? The configuration from the board sticker is 2.5G MIC 16G MIC 2G. Thank you in avance!

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Run HWMonitor and check for strange values.
Test it removing webcam cable.
Also test with known good trackpad flex/board.

Narek

I have tried with unplugged webcam cable and new trackapd/flex - no changes. I takes around 30 seconds from the moment I press power button for the board to chime and show Apple logo. I have inspected the board for corrosion or other damages and haven't found anything except mentioned traces of EFI chip which I have already repaired. In the past I had similar behaviour cases of 820-00165 which turned out had bad EFI. Do you have celan EFI for this board? If yes, I would be thankful if you could share it.

Narek

Is there any public thread or database on this forum where all EFI dumps are posted/ available for download? Or it’s all private?

Narek

I always start with that, just thought that I’m missing something and there is a thread with all working and confirmed dumps available for download somewhere on this forum.

Thanks for your help @2informaticos. If we would live somewhere close I’d give you a bottle of Scotch for all good job you do here ?