Forgotten efi password from iMac 2012

leonattpcs

Hi,
Customer has forgotten efi password, so I am trying to reset it. I have the refi chip removed from the board and had it in my high speed programmer, but where do I get a clean .bin file from to load onto it?
Thanks
Also the info from the chip reads:
adesto1637 45db021e
The programmer software I a using does not have that manufacturer, so how can. get the programmer to work with the chip?
TIA

leonattpcs

I can't get the software to detect the chip so I cannot get anything from it. Using the drop down links on the left hand side of the software, there is not manufacturer called adesto. Programmer I am using is EZP2013.

leonattpcs

That what I took off is the only chip on the board that looks like a bios chip. I have bought one so will eat for that to see what it looks like.

leonattpcs

This type of bios chip is new to me, I can't do anything, but learn at the moment. My EZP2013 doesn't have the right adaptor so will need a new programmer as well

leonattpcs

Ok I have the file, I have been told to look for $svs and delete it? Using a hex editor Neo and using control f, there isn't $svs in the file so what can be done now?
TIA