Macbook Air 1466 Thermal Sensors

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Thermal sensor from trackpad has its interface.
If bad, it will affect the common bus.
U5810 is probably good.
You can interchange 2014/15 trackpad, for test.
Try the flex first.

piernov

Staff member
Open 2 threads for 2 different machines with different problems otherwise everyone will get confused.
If you suspect touchpad then just unplug it and see if the other sensors read correctly again.

If you are regularly repairing MacBooks you need to get some spare parts, in this case a spare A1466 2013-2017 chassis would have allowed you to figure out that the problem is not from the logic board in 10 minutes of swapping it into the other chassis, rather than spending hours (and our time too) trying to figure out what's the problem with the logic board when it's not a logic board problem, even risking damaging it.

In any case you have 2 machines with the same chassis right now so you can easily confirm your suspicion by swapping display assembly and touchpad/touchpad cable.

Askaleto

First of all, thank you all for your time. I have unplugged the touchpad flex cable 593-1604-B from the logic board, but same (in total 5) sensors still reported the same errors (128 deg C). I used external mouse and keyboard during this test and rhe same sensors are reported with high readings. Is it now reasonable to assume that the problem i most likely not caused by the trackpad? The swap of trackpads is not possible, there is a screw damage problem.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Disconnecting trackpad flex, SMC will set fan to max; because cannot interrogate palm rest sensor.

You have similar machine.
Disconnect trackpad flex and see if get same errors there.

Askaleto

Yes, I know that and already tried it. But I was expecting that my HW Monitor reports differently when trackpad is disconencted. Didn't expect airport proximity and mainboard proximity to stay 128C, I was expecting different reporting there no matter the fan full blast.

Askaleto

Yes that is why it is so confusing. Two memory (bank and proximity), palmrest mainboard and airport. All 5 sensors to 128C even when trackpad is unplugged. I think this 'meomory proximity" is non existant.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If you get same behaviour without trackpad flex on the known good working board, why do you suspect something else than trackpad???

Askaleto

I have two machines, both has sensors issues and reporting multiple senors failure in HWMonitor On first one fan is not full blast if I disconnect camera cable but reports many sensor failures.

I'll try to obtain a fully functional A1466 with no sensor issues to test what is reported when trackpad flex cable is unplugged.
It is hard to draw conclusion since I have basically two machines with issues. I will borrow a good one if I can and test to know for sure.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
So one machine works good, but gets strange temps disconnecting webcam?
If this machine has good trackpad, install the other board in this shell.