MBP 00850-A - No Power - 5.10V

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Should go to DFU without battery.
Not sure if you can complete DFU however.
I did it with battery connected.

mushr00m

and a question that I sitll not 100% clear.

Is it possible to put a 100% working computer into DFU? Or only machines that had problem?

If yes.

What could be wrong putting 2 WORKING A1706 into DFU? Following the exact commands on the internet. Trying with 3 different charger cable. Trying with Ventura and Sonoma (MBP M3)

mushr00m

Ok then I am making confusion.

But I still used an A1706 as the master, and a Macbook Pro WITH m3 not sure the model I couldn't put this 00850-A which is a A1989 into DFU.

The commands are POWER + RIGHT SHIFT + LEFT CONTROL + LEFT OPTION right?

Using the usb-c closest to the trackpad.

That's what I am doing.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I recommend to solder an external switch (RE032) with 5-10cm wires instead.
Playing with it and RE030 (another switch), you should finally put the machine into DFU.

mushr00m

I recommend to solder an external switch (RE032) with 5-10cm wires instead.
Playing with it and RE030 (another switch), you should finally put the machine into DFU.
Great

Do you have video/image to for this instructions?

Also according to the detail of what I give you related to the board. Now you think that forcing DFU will make it?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Probably many videos available on INternet.
Press and hold down both RE030/32, release power RE030 after 5-6 s and RE032 after 3-5 s more; if DFU didn't come yet.

mushr00m

To be honest with you.

I just tried following the wiki tutorial and using a tweezer from PIN 1 to PIN 2 on RE032 and then plugging the charger cable and NO BEHAVIOR at all.

What's next?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
???
GND - signals - 1V8_SLPS2R
How do you think a switch can be solder on such pads?
No switch soldered onboard, but you should KNOW how to use them.

BTW, using RE030 too, you can discard an inssue with touch ID.
In such case, disconnect it; corrosion there may impede the machine entering DFU.

mushr00m

Still not clear.

By SWITCH you mean a jumper soldered into PIN1 of RE032 (SOC_FORCE_DFU) to PIN 4 of RE030 (PMU_ONOFF_L)?? If not please describe with more details
By SWITCH you mean a jumper that is cut in the middle so I can connect it to each other points to get into DFU and then disconnect so it KEEP at DFU? Right?

I will disconnect TOUCH ID to test everything also!

mushr00m

I don't have any external switch but I think it's totally doable with jumpers as I see some people doing it even with tweezers on RE032.

However there's is not well documented video for my model and also "playing with" RE030.

Your responses often lack the depth needed to effectively guide/help users through the repair process, falling short of the forum's goal to provide comprehensive assistance. Rather than training, I require detailed instructions to navigate the repair without risking any mistakes with the board.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Do you really feel more comfortable to solder and cut a wire instead of pushing a switch button???
Same explications I gave you have been received for many members here and all of them successfully entered into DFU.

I can't believe that you don't know how to connect a switch to board pads.
If still not, I'm pretty sure Google search can show you.

Do you prefer to receive the fish in a silver plate, or learn how to fish?
If you are in the first case, you are not for this job; just buy the fish each time you want/can.
You can employ a technician and pay his share each time you take the money from the client.
If you run the business yourself, buy a fishing rod and learn how to use it.

I don't want to offend a somebody, but I like to see the people using their logic in this job.

mushr00m

You are right.

I just got 2 external switch. Can you help me solder it to the board. Dont want to make any mistake

About playing with switch should I disconnect the battery and turn on with BOTH of them ON?

mushr00m

Not sure you see my question but it's NOT easy to pay it (see image attached below) for help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 013548.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 013548.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 2